Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Yellow Castle said:

Lego reselling has certainly cooled this year, only been doing few years and noticed some ranges, especially Star Wars has dried up.

The ideas range is very hard to judge too. John Lewis had Fishing Store and Ship in Bottle at 25% off for week now. FS went OOS in 2-3 days and SB is still in stock - a sign of bad resell value?

Not long until the Retiring Soon Tags and Black November deals, decisions decisions?

I'm keeping an eye out around Black Friday, but I won't be going silly this time around. I have a few sets earmarked, but won't go near them unless discounts are the highest so far. The Ship in a Bottle ain't one of them and could be the first turkey since Adventure Time, but who knows?

16 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm keeping an eye out around Black Friday, but I won't be going silly this time around. I have a few sets earmarked, but won't go near them unless discounts are the highest so far. The Ship in a Bottle ain't one of them and could be the first turkey since Adventure Time, but who knows?

Yes have my doubts about the Ship in a Bottle too as the other half and the kids turned their noses up at it, will wait and see if Smyths clear them at a good buy in.

Ship in bottle is still in stock at JL for £52.49 (25%) off but time will tell if bigger discounts will happen next couple of months. 

Be interested to see what ideas sets go this year, I reckon Saturn will stay a little while longer. Also Tron has only been available on SaH in UK (i believe) so maybe a short life?

2 hours ago, Yellow Castle said:

Ship in bottle is still in stock at JL for £52.49 (25%) off but time will tell if bigger discounts will happen next couple of months. 

Be interested to see what ideas sets go this year, I reckon Saturn will stay a little while longer. Also Tron has only been available on SaH in UK (i believe) so maybe a short life?

why Saturn will stick a bit longer? thought it's done this year

For those rushing in on the Brickheadz supposedly ending theme, my local Asda have the Homer Simpson Krusty the Clown sets sitting with no sign of interest.

Do you get the feeling your being zoomed by Lego.com.

On The flipside still waiting for my Newt Scamander & Gellert Grindelwald sets dispatched on the 18th, contacted Leg sah told me to get back to them if I dont get them for the 29th.Dont think I will ever see them.

Edited by grabbitfast

11 hours ago, grabbitfast said:

For those rushing in on the Brickheadz supposedly ending theme, my local Asda have the Homer Simpson Krusty the Clown sets sitting with no sign of interest.

Do you get the feeling your being zoomed by Lego.com.

On The flipside still waiting for my Newt Scamander & Gellert Grindelwald sets dispatched on the 18th, contacted Leg sah told me to get back to them if I dont get them for the 29th.Dont think I will ever see them.

is the 41631 newt not likely to be restocked ? Going for £30 already on ebay. Haven't seen them in any shops. Is it exclusive to somewhere ?

2 hours ago, roxio said:

is the 41631 newt not likely to be restocked ? Going for £30 already on ebay. Haven't seen them in any shops. Is it exclusive to somewhere ?

Seriously doubt if its sold out for good, just think they have messed up my order Yodel need I say more.

Have not found it anywhere else yet but until yesterday I had not seen Homer Simpson Krusty the Clown anywhere and now my Local ASDA

has them.

Brickheadz definitely going are Kylo Ren, Rey ,Aquaman , The Flash ,Wonder Woman , Cyborg ,Iron man.

Any chance of a list this year

Edited by grabbitfast

1 hour ago, grabbitfast said:

Seriously doubt if its sold out for good, just think they have messed up my order Yodel need I say more.

Have not found it anywhere else yet but until yesterday I had not seen Homer Simpson Krusty the Clown anywhere and now my Local ASDA

has them.

Brickheadz definitely going are Kylo Ren, Rey ,Aquaman , The Flash ,Wonder Woman , Cyborg ,Iron man.

Any chance of a list this year

I'd be surprised if any of the current offering are around by Easter. Going forward, I've been told that BH are on a minifigure production timescale. Pinch of salt needed etc. 

Thanos looks promising. It's OOS and sold out almost everywhere in the UK. 

2 hours ago, Villager Chris said:

I'd be surprised if any of the current offering are around by Easter. Going forward, I've been told that BH are on a minifigure production timescale. Pinch of salt needed etc. 

Thanos looks promising. It's OOS and sold out almost everywhere in the UK. 

Yes with Iron Man mark 2 going it makes sense Thanos etc are on the way out too.

So my order is not coming, am I relieved, will be refunded and getting a points bonus for my disappointment lol.

And better still now in my local store and with a voucher will be £3 cheaper each.

Some times the Sun does shine, sold out apparently with no re-supply date yet.

Do I sense a flurry of activity.

If you dont know what I am talking about tough titty.

11 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

So my order is not coming, am I relieved, will be refunded and getting a points bonus for my disappointment lol.

And better still now in my local store and with a voucher will be £3 cheaper each.

Some times the Sun does shine, sold out apparently with no re-supply date yet.

Do I sense a flurry of activity.

If you dont know what I am talking about tough titty.

Sunshine camper is in plentiful supply over here if that´s what you are talking about.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:51 PM, cory730 said:

With all this doom and gloom happening with these Safety requirements, a certain "List" would really bring in the holiday spirit and help morale. ?

This Retiring soon Open Speculation thread is becoming very threadbare on actual information, not many actually sharing anything.

Suspect our wonderful amigo the list provider of 2017 may have been made an offer he could not refuse, unfortunately I was too late with my bribe

I suspect.

5 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

This Retiring soon Open Speculation thread is becoming very threadbare on actual information, not many actually sharing anything.

Suspect our wonderful amigo the list provider of 2017 may have been made an offer he could not refuse, unfortunately I was too late with my bribe

I suspect.

I made him an indecent proposal .. I have no shame .. all abroad the train to hell . This is your conductor speaking 

• Like 1