Retiring Soon - open speculation

23 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

If you are asking that question you have not done any research ie how many sellers how many sold.

Not sure that is available in the Canadian market.  Never seen anything from Kijiji on stats, which is the platform I usually use to sell.

12 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I bet a lot will be glad to see the back of the Technic Porsche, I may now finally get my first (and only) one. The Tower Bridge is a surprise as I was told that this had another 5 years to go (I know, sprinkle some salt on it!), but the Old Fishing Store doesn't make sense as it appears to be a huge seller and is a lovely set. Here's my thoughts on some of these retirees:

21029 - Buck House: The World's most famous house and hasn't been out long, pure gold? (I'm very tempted to order 20x ASAP!) - PASS

42068 - Technic ARV: Often available at 50% off, a nice looking vehicle, somewhat overlooked, sell for RRP within a year? - PASS

21056 - Technic Porsche: About God damn time! Massively discounted, available everywhere, widely hoarded, will struggle to reach RRP? - FAIL

10214 - Tower Bridge: Shame to see it go TBH, I can see these going VERY quickly, disappointment awaits due to very long life and big Amazon discounts - FAIL 

10253 - Big Ben Elizabeth Tower: Short(ish) life, small discounts, World's most famous clock tower, everybody loves London (even Americans!) - PASS

10246/10252 - Modulars: Theme losing it's mojo I think, failure of Pet Shop, other EOLs stagnating, possible hoarding - FAIL

21312 - Women of NASA: Massive NASA fan base, unique set, will pair well with 21110 RI and 21309 S5, easy to ship, slagged off on here, dark horse - PASS

It's early days so don't shoot me down yet... in a year from now, you can! ?

Good luck, guys... I'll have a good think and decide soon if it's worth topping up.

Man, reading your posts makes me wonder. I should do the opposite of what you do. How is the Porsche massively discounted and widely hoarded? Maybe in your part of the world, definitely not in north america.

And then you give a pass to Women of Nasa......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

Man, reading your posts makes me wonder. I should do the opposite of what you do. How is the Porsche massively discounted and widely hoarded? Maybe in your part of the world, definitely not in north america.

There’s only one Tabby ;) 

• Like 1

Sets such as the Mercedes Petronas F1 team would be a massive sleeper. I bet F1 fans would be dying to get their hands on those types of sets EOL including myself. Ferarri is also a good one. I totally forgot about these sets and if it retired today and goes OOS, I'm willing to pay $200-$250 for that. As a matter of fact, I'm going to buy 2 sets of the Petronas F1 team at full retail now.

6 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

Here is what I found tagged  on SAH UK. My apologies for what I missed.

...75180-1 Rathtar Escape
75181-1 Y-wing Starfighter
75182-1 Republic Fighter Tank...

I haven’t seen much discussion on the UCS Y-Wing! Short life?... thoughts on post retirement prices?

EDIT: I just checked - don’t see the retiring soon tag on this set on the UK SAH site. 

Edited by Shneebs

10 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

I haven’t seen much discussion on the UCS Y-Wing! Short life?... thoughts on post retirement prices?

EDIT: I just checked - don’t see the retiring soon tag on this set on the UK SAH site. 

I don't want to talk about it until I see the word sale 33% off beside it.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

I should’ve said UK only... sorry. My sales are strictly to UK buyers only apart from small sets posted via eBay GSP. The UK and US couldn’t be more different. WoN will still be a huge hit in the UK and I plan to clean up nicely.

Yes, please do the opposite.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
6 hours ago, Mgip21 said:

Thank goodness!!

6 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

There’s only one Tabby ;) 

WRONG! I also have a few lurker accounts that haven’t posted yet, in over 5 years! When I join any forum, I set up several accounts on day one so that I’m back immediately after being banned - LOL. Of course, using different IP subnets.

That’s why HUKD can’t get rid of me.

Edited by TabbyBoy

10 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I should’ve said UK only... sorry. My sales are strictly to UK buyers only apart from small sets posted via eBay GSP. The UK and US couldn’t be more different. WoN will still be a huge hit in the UK and I plan to clean up nicely.

Yes, please do the opposite.

haha....nothing against you. It's understandable that the US market is much different than the UK market. I would think the demand for the Porsche and Chiron is much higher over there. The Europeans are into cars much more than Americans. Particularly those F1 sets. The Petronas team would be super popular in Germany.

I can't imagine Europeans going head over heel on WoN. People should be careful with that WoN, might end up being a dud like that Exo suit. I still have 6 more of that collecting dust.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kouks said:

Not sure that is available in the Canadian market.  Never seen anything from Kijiji on stats, which is the platform I usually use to sell.

Checked Amazon Canada 4 reviews only, which indicates low sales there but on the other hand only six sellers, probably best to check Ebay and other retailers in your locale.

Here in Europe its a no for me but best of luck if you find a slot in Canada for it.

On 9/6/2018 at 10:20 AM, ravenb99 said:

some say he's gone quiet hiding in the hills, or possibly taking up a favorite past time before the winter cold.  After all it's the small things in life that matter.  

Might of been held captive by mad scientists as well.  Who knows but one will need a sleuth to figure out all the riddles hidden in this wealth of information.

The clock is ticking and stock levels are spinning out of control at a speedy pace.  Soon the flames will be put out on these rumors and one can get back to being himself.

Silent Mary,  Mountain Cave, Fishing Store, Snowspeeder, Mini Cooper

Slave 1, WoN, Detective's Office, Joker Manor, Brick Bank

Big Ben, Ferris Wheel, Porsche, Ghost Busters HQ, Go Brick Me

Now that they are revealed I can provide the key so Cladner can grade himself...

actually took me a minute to remember my own damn riddle 2.5 months later

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jaylay said:

Of the holiday theme, which ones are done after this season?   Toys shop?  Train station?  Holiday train?

Holiday Train if it follows the 3 year and then gone pattern 

Toy shop went last year 

Edited by GregP
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GregP said:

Holiday Train if it follows the 3 year and then gone pattern 

Toy shop went last year 

Maybe the train will stay until next year and then we have double retirement if train and station together? The Winter sets are usually tagged by now aren’t they?

retirements logic is slightly more random and sale driven and I reckon that train sells very well.

i could be wrong as expecting some more RS tags in the next week or two (Slave 1, more Creator and City’s?)

9 minutes ago, Yellow Castle said:

Maybe the train will stay until next year and then we have double retirement if train and station together? The Winter sets are usually tagged by now aren’t they?

retirements logic is slightly more random and sale driven and I reckon that train sells very well.

i could be wrong as expecting some more RS tags in the next week or two (Slave 1, more Creator and City’s?)

There are definitely sets missing tags. Does anyone seriously think all the Nexo or TLBM are going to be around another year?

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Val-E said:

There are definitely sets missing tags. Does anyone seriously think all the Nexo or TLBM are going to be around another year?

I'm hoping that the T1 is an untagged EOL as that's the only chance of making good money out of it. At least it's sort of "exclusive". It could also be hardly hoarded due to low discounts.

TLBM may still be around as that crap just ain't selling. I've seen lots of old seal codes still on shelves. All turkeys, even the Arctic Roller that's still about at -50%.