Retiring Soon - open speculation

6 minutes ago, kouks said:

40% discount on DB is worth it then?

I have only bit at 50or better but that would be tempting. I would expect this sits around $180-$200 post eol for a while, a year at least. Maybe peaks $250-300 in 2 years or more. If that makes it worth it to you go for it. 

Just my opinion though. This could tank or double in a year, so hard to tell these days. I do think this is a special set. 

4 minutes ago, marcandre said:

I have only bit at 50or better but that would be tempting. I would expect this sits around $180-$200 post eol for a while, a year at least. Maybe peaks $250-300 in 2 years or more. If that makes it worth it to you go for it. 

Just my opinion though. This could tank or double in a year, so hard to tell these days. I do think this is a special set. 

Thanks for that.  We don't see much 50% off in Canada (and apparently for the 30 mins it seems to happen I am stuck at work) for many sets.  I am just a small timer, but I like this set.  Agreed, it could still tank but there's something about it.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kouks said:

Thanks for that.  We don't see much 50% off in Canada (and apparently for the 30 mins it seems to happen I am stuck at work) for many sets.  I am just a small timer, but I like this set.  Agreed, it could still tank but there's something about it.....

Where is it 40%? I wouldn't mind grabbing some. I still need for my own personal build. I love ships!

3 hours ago, cladner said:

not everything that is retiring is tagged RETIRING SOON.  that's just reserved for the turd's that need an extra push to get out.

sets that actually sell by themselves don't  need this retail laxative.  or maybe its to help the regular end users to grab what they want before those rotten qfll gobble them up.

Joker Manor is one of those big solid turds of the loglike delicacy that seem to come out side ways. It doesn´t need a laxative to come out, it needs a jackhammer.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Joker Manor is one of those big solid turds of the loglike delicacy that seem to come out side ways. It doesn´t need a laxative to come out, it needs a jackhammer.

I agree... I think it's the worst by far of the large sets and will tank... big time! It will NEVER recover RRP after selling fees. The biggest turkey of 2018 ?

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I agree... I think it's the worst by far of the large sets and will tank... big time! It will NEVER recover RRP after selling fees. The biggest turkey of 2018 ?

On the other hand, it´s the one that is most likely to get to 50% off.

Still, there are better options with smallet sets around, short life or not.

18 minutes ago, Val-E said:

TLG keep making the same mistake of pitching these mega expensive Batman sets for a market that we are yet to find then clearing them out.

I think TLG need to wind down a few of the Batman and Star Wars sets, not completely but too much of any thing is not good and the big sets especially are becoming unimaginative/repetitive.

I would love to see some classic ranges back, pirates, castle, space, not remakes either but LEGO should go back to its routes. 

I have often thought LEGO should buy/merge with Scaletrix and enhance their Speed Champions with cars that race the track, - maybe call name it “ScaLegoTrix” ....ummm maybe that’s a mouthful? but I think the combo of two would be awesome for kids and adults ?.

Back to retiring, if any one is interested in UK, JL have Old Fishing Store at 20% (£110). Not as good as last month when £93/£94 but better than RRP. 

Edited by Yellow Castle
Typo - Fat fingers again
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Yellow Castle said:

Back to retiring, if any one is interested in UK, JL have Old Fishing Store at 20% (£110). Not as good as last month when £93/£94 but better than RRP. 

I'm not sure how many people actually got OFS from JL last month. I placed an order but it ended up being cancelled. Ended up getting it from LEGO Shop at Home with the Diagon Alley promo, so including cashback and VIP points it probably worked out a similar price.

6 hours ago, Yellow Castle said:

I feel we are playing Texas Holdem with Lego. They have turned over the “flop”, shown us the 206 retiring it just waiting on the “turn” and “river” cards. Is Mini or T1 definitely there, any surprises that are gems and not hoarded I wonder? 

Who is going to go all in?

3 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

Sounds like we've both had some rough luck. I was working when the sales went live too! Dang... 40%... that's a no brainer for me on that set.

Yes, has been a frustrating two days.  I saw the Assembly at 50% off at Toysrus in stock and tried to order but I was minutes too late.    That was tough to take. 

3 hours ago, Brickshopper said:

Who is going to go all in?

I’ve certainly put plenty of chips in the pot this month. Just waiting to see TLGs full hand (the remaining RS Tags) before deciding to put more in ?

The Christmas sale might see some brief reincarnations too like last year (just hoping for more Speed Bugatti’s to be discovered in warehouse) ?

6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

True but there is also one production run arriving soon (both were backorderable last weekend with service date 26th Nov) so I think we will see them again at SAH. Maybe not in other places.

This possible last run should only fulfill backorders and not make the set available for ordering again, otherwise there would be no reason to shut down the Backorder option on the site.

4 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

This possible last run should only fulfill backorders and not make the set available for ordering again, otherwise there would be no reason to shut down the Backorder option on the site.

Your brain works much more logically than anything related to SAH!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Whoever said you shouldn't expect to get rich taking your money to the bank, might soon be proven seriously wrong:

Brick Bank is now "Sold out" at SAH EU.

(Detective's Office is "sold out" as well.)

I got in on the deals for these, but I don't expect Brick Bank to be gone. I don't expect much gained out of these two but I could be wrong.

Guest TabbyBoy

The Palace Cinema hasn't exactly set the World on fire either. We need LEGO to limit modular releases to 1/yr or less, there's just too much available now.

The only "modular" I have left is the Haunted House which I got for £120 each, back in the day. Even they've stagnated now.

20 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

The Palace Cinema hasn't exactly set the World on fire either. We need LEGO to limit modular releases to 1/yr or less, there's just too much available now.

The only "modular" I have left is the Haunted House which I got for £120 each, back in the day. Even they've stagnated now.

Palace Cinema was not meant to set the world on fire, it retired on schedule after a market presence of average duration. Like I said before, it's not very expedient to compare BB to PS or PC just because they were the last (unsuccessful) modular retirements. Better compare it to the only other sub-40 month modular since GG.

image.png.44334b167bb5f57fdc69f009c96a443f.png

And to see Haunted House stagnate does not actually say too much about the potential of modular investing as of now either. I mean, no set will rise in value forever.

Edited by Frank Brickowski