Retiring Soon - open speculation

On 11/24/2018 at 3:55 PM, steelmelt said:

Yeah if you bought the B wing at MSRP you totally must be choking.  But if you were like the rest of us and bought them at what was the last decent black friday sale for 50% off in the USA ... Then, like me, made a ton more money on B wings than TH.  I was doubling my money (even after fees and shipping) on B wings less than two years after EOL.  Ebay right now TH is trending at $470 with free shipping.  Not even close to doubling your money with fees and shipping costs.  

Yep, it's all about your buy-in.  If you bought your B-Wings at 50% I'd say you did pretty well.    I believe at the time there were also achievable 10% discounts.  So after the 50% off sale, the sets could still be purchased for 10% off plus the CP3O like droid.  I don't remember what the droid sold for but I believe it amounted to at least 25% off the B-Wing.

To me, the bigger risk factors are time use of money and having a market place to sell on.  What Amazon did a few years ago really shook things up as far as what could potentially happen and what did happen for many.

10 hours ago, glucapg said:

Is Mini 10242 going EOL? 

yes it is going,  don't listen to grumpy cat...

2 hours ago, Chormeister said:

This is odd. I just checked LEGO Shop at Home for 75190 First Order Star Destroyer and it’s not there. I tried searching by its name and set number. It’s also gone from the Star Wars theme page. Anybody else seeing that or have any idea what’s going on?

happens from time to time, should show up again soon.  Is also going.

1 hour ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

I feel like there are some smaller city sets that are not on the list like the pizza van and others.

yes 251 active going so there are approx 40-50 untagged ,  don't have to be tagged to be going...  Pizza van is not one of them either.

Edited by ravenb99
  • Like 1

This is odd. I just checked LEGO Shop at Home for 75190 First Order Star Destroyer and it’s not there. I tried searching by its name and set number. It’s also gone from the Star Wars theme page. Anybody else seeing that or have any idea what’s going on?

You are correct. 75190 is nowhere to be found at Lego LEGO Shop at Home.

On 11/23/2018 at 1:28 AM, xeeeej said:

Here's the list of sets that are on sale at SAH that haven't been tagged officially or hinted/confirmed by jedi master raven.

@ravenb99

What's my test score from these 37?

10732 Guido & Luigi's Pit Stop
10742 Willy's Butte Speed Training
10756 Pteranodon Escape
10845 My First Carousel
40174 Iconic Chess Set
40198 Ludo Game
40314 Unikitty Dr. Fox Magnifying Machine
41193 Aira & the Song of the Wind Dragon
41196 The Elvenstar Tree Bat Attack
41338 Stephanie's Sports Arena
41349 Drifting Diner
41351 Creative Tuning Shop
41353 Friends Advent
42077 Rally Car
60150 Pizza Van
60162 Jungle Air Drop Helicopter
70903 Riddler Riddle Racer
70906 The Joker Notorious Lowrider
70913 Scarecrow Fearful Face-off
70914 Bane Toxic Truck Attack
70916 The Batwing
70922 Joker Manor
70923 Bat-Space Shuttle
72001 Lance's Hover Jouster
72003 Berserker Bomber
72004 Tech Wizard Showdown
72005 Aaron's X-bow
72006 Axl's Rolling Arsenal
75060 Slave I
75213 Star Wars Advent
75528 Rey
75889 Ferrari Ultimate Garage
75928 Blue's Helicopter Pursuit
75931 Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack
76084 Ultimate Battle for Asgard
76086 Knightcrawler Tunnel Attack
76108 Sanctum Sanctorum

well your list is technically 28/35 correct as 2 of them are extended lines and don't get dates.   Plus 2 are advents which are givens.  Lot of your list was actually 7/31 retirements too even though they haven't been officially tagged yet as they lag on that so really doesn't count as part of the 250 or so still going.  There were about 39  7/31 sets to go.

• Like 1

Interesting to see 41318 Heartlake Hospital already sold out at Lego LEGO Shop at Home, just about a year and a half after release.  For as much complaining as people did about not having options for Lego Hospitals prior to this set, this seemed to disappear silently into the night.  I didn't see this discounted on Amazon in the last couple of months - possible potential down the road, or significant discount in the next couple of weeks?

Just now, gmontgomery said:

Interesting to see 41318 Heartlake Hospital already sold out at Lego LEGO Shop at Home, just about a year and a half after release.  For as much complaining as people did about not having options for Lego Hospitals prior to this set, this seemed to disappear silently into the night.  I didn't see this discounted on Amazon in the last couple of months - possible potential down the road, or significant discount in the next couple of weeks?

I have been waiting for this set to drop, even slightly for months, and nothing hit that I could take advantage of. Too bad as I'd really like to have a few of these.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gmontgomery said:

7 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

I have been waiting for this set to drop, even slightly for months, and nothing hit that I could take advantage of. Too bad as I'd really like to have a few of these.

Its openly available at target and amazon

24 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

I think this set will do pretty well, but it's not in my target demo so unfortunately I have zero. With more capital I might have a few myself. What the airport did is the floor for this set, I think.