Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, Achilles said:

Sweet lord, I pray we don't get another one of those...

Well, if we did that would mean that LEGO will have to outperform traditional investments like stocks, bonds and gold to such a degree that people would notice.  So on one hand, we all would benefit from increased profits.  On the other hand it would bring in another wave of "get rich quick" dilettantes.  

7 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Well, if we did that would mean that LEGO will have to outperform traditional investments like stocks, bonds and gold to such a degree that people would notice.  So on one hand, we all would benefit from increased profits.  On the other hand it would bring in another wave of "get rich quick" dilettantes.  

Did someone say "get rich quick"? Sign me up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I do have some TBs left and I'm tempted to sell them with instructions for the unofficial MOC modular which also looks fantastic.

1 hour ago, kumas said:

great, now I have a reason to open mine

I do recommend doing this! I cracked one open last year and the modular is sitting in the case with my other modulars. It's a cool and well thought out design which you could easily tweak with your own ideas. The only "complaint" is that there are not enough tiles to complete the entire sidewalk, so the exposed studs don't flow well with the other modulars. But that is an easy fix.

1 hour ago, odysea11 said:

The only "complaint" is that there are not enough tiles to complete the entire sidewalk, so the exposed studs don't flow well with the other modulars. But that is an easy fix.

You could add a cement worker, actively fixing the unfinished section of the sidewalk.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

I remember showing my son the price for NASDAQ:COKE this summer:  $130. 

I showed him a quick graph and did a valuation on the spot but didn't pull the trigger. 

Five months later it's at $210.

I'm not sure what lesson I taught him, if any.

No gutz, no glory?