Retiring Soon - open speculation

35 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Where the f is the mop when you need him

Too busy looking for Brick Banks and Brick Bank polls.

26 minutes ago, carini26 said:

I can think of a super easy way for you to get this topic back on the rails.

You want a 2019 retirements list already when half the 2018 subprimes are still around?

2 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

OK I'll start. Ninjago City & Docks will retire December 2019.

I´m wondering if Ninjago is done full stop. The movie stuff for sure but the reissues of classic sets for 2019 suggest the  core theme could be on the way out too.

I guess Unikitty and Powderpuff are also on the list.

9 hours ago, Achilles said:

If I were to give advice to someone just getting involved, I would say this: Have a budget and a plan. Don't overspend. Be realistic. And definitely do not buy every set that's retiring or every set that's 50% off. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BUY. There are better/more efficient ways to go about it all, but as we all keep echoing - things are changing constantly. The Amazon gating thing is kind of a big deal. I don't even know if I *could* start doing this today with a goal of making money. Once you're already entrenched and have a system/rotation, it's a different game. 

Just want to thank Achilles here for his input...I picked up some good info and his sentiments are well appreciated.

...and if I may add one of my favorite quotes: "It's only work if you rather be doing something else"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I´m wondering if Ninjago is done full stop. The movie stuff for sure but the reissues of classic sets for 2019 suggest the  core theme could be on the way out too.

I guess Unikitty and Powderpuff are also on the list.

Ninjago legacy makes a lot of sense. All but the last two seasons are on Netflix but you couldn’t get the old characters. So the sets available are unfamiliar to some kids and the unavailable ones are well known. My son is over the moon at the new ones. For example to get a pythor figure off eBay was £20 each. Or 24 characters for £12 if you go the fake route. Easy to see why Lego tried to rebalance. 

1 minute ago, Chutchis said:

Ninjago legacy makes a lot of sense. All but the last two seasons are on Netflix but you couldn’t get the old characters. So the sets available are unfamiliar to some kids and the unavailable ones are well known. My son is over the moon at the new ones. For example to get a pythor figure off eBay was £20 each. Or 24 characters for £12 if you go the fake route. Easy to see why Lego tried to rebalance. 

It´s high time they made Chima Speedorz Legacy.

• Haha 1

Just want to thank Achilles here for his input...I picked up some good info and his sentiments are well appreciated.
...and if I may add one of my favorite quotes: "It's only work if you rather be doing something else"

One thing to add to Achilles' advice...get a hang of how easy it is to sell before you start going deep on buying. If you look back over the various clearance threads on this message board and others, you will see a lot of people who come in, get geeked up about buying clearance, buy a ton, and then disappear. Buying is a lot easier than selling and it is very easy to get overextended, particularly if you're using credit to buy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, PlasticDude said:

I answered my own question reviewing past posts that yes the set was previously at $54 in October and November which I missed out on. Oh well, I’ll keep one for myself and flip the rest in a year or two. ?

You'll be fine. Trains + winter seasonal sets = early retirement.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
46 minutes ago, carini26 said:

Here come the tags @ SAH.....

Elves is officially done.

Tagged in the UK too. I'm hoping for >50% off before I go all in. Shame it's done as I thought it was a great theme.

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

Kinda sad. I thought Elves was one of their best themes. Would have loved a monster, 2k+ piece set. Could have been special. 

Same here, but all they can think of is overloading us all with boring Star Wars cack.

my little girl loves Elves. Collected all the dragons ever come in this theme. She also went nuts when Lego introduced more animals other than dragons this time round, bat, fox, ... 

it's a pity to see it go and the friends line just have no imagination and creativity compared to it

1 minute ago, superlegolover said:

my little girl loves Elves. Collected all the dragons ever come in this theme. She also went nuts when Lego introduced more animals other than dragons this time round, bat, fox, ... 

it's a pity to see it go and the friends line just have no imagination and creativity compared to it

Exactly, I've bought the entire theme for my daughters and they love it. On the plus side, I have no more new Elves sets to buy for them :)

Are you saying you didn’t like the 4th speedboat in 2 years? Or the art stand, art cafe, and art studio?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

1 minute ago, superlegolover said:

Definitely agree that Elves had some of their most creative designs. But I think a bunch of thr Friends sets, even if not very creative, still have interesting designs

I wouldn't mind if they gave the Elves designers a crack at a Castle/Kingdom theme.

• Like 1