Retiring Soon - open speculation

49 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Tagged in the UK too. I'm hoping for >50% off before I go all in. Shame it's done as I thought it was a great theme.

Never paid attention to the theme.  I will now.  

17 minutes ago, Mr_Coat said:

Exactly, I've bought the entire theme for my daughters and they love it. On the plus side, I have no more new Elves sets to buy for them :)

I guess this is the way I feel about Bionicle and my son.  We loved the theme and there is nothing to replace it with.

8 minutes ago, jaylay said:

Guess the hunt is officially on for Elves sets. This theme has had tremendous growth and don’t see why the last sets they have out won’t do as good also.

Jet.com, Target and Amazon all have sets for 30%+ off right now.

If only someone would of warned us during summer...

that was the first reference of train staying and station going as well,  not to be confused with the other 100 times it was asked...

brick bank and joker manor too,  just a little snippet of a bigger riddle to come...

Edited by ravenb99
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, jaylay said:

Guess the hunt is officially on for Elves sets. This theme has had tremendous growth and don’t see why the last sets they have out won’t do as good also.

We'll see, they produced an insane number of these sets. Many being 40% off through much of peak buying season and none wavered OOS.

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yeah, it´s not much of a hunt since Dragon Sanctuary. Elves will be around till the post Xmas clearance sales.

That’s when I plan to pounce. All in if Elves >50% off.

28 minutes ago, landphieran said:

We'll see, they produced an insane number of these sets. Many being 40% off through much of peak buying season and none wavered OOS.

The theme has winners and less-winners.

But I'm not worried about pre-EOL sales velocity for the likely winners. The theme's historically had perpetual discounts like a lot of LEGO smalls. Queen Dragon's Rescue, Fire Dragon's Lava Cave, and Water Dragon Adventure lingered on shelves even at 50% off. Their secondary market hasn't suffered for it.

Edited by mizeur

2 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

I've just noticed that 42076 Hovercraft has just been tagged. I'm fairly sure this is new.

Nope I think it has always been that way. New stuff are SW figures, Elves, TLBM and a few other random nick nacks from City and Juniors. Brickheadz are the elephants in the room - maybe even TLG don´t know what to do with them.