Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Thanks for the reminder. Picked up another 7 at B&N just now. 20% off, 10% membership discount, used free $10 GC from their mailer, paid rest with 10% discounted GC. Just qualifies for the minifigs pack, so got another one of those too.

If you cannot find the Harry Potter and Hedwig BrickHeadz at your local B & N, Target (today only) and Walmart have them on sale for 20% off.

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Thebrickman2018 said:

Agreed, these will do very well in long term compared to others.

Mickey and Minnie doing wonders for me - just wish i bought as many as i could! Didn't want to risk too much but managed 20 pairs. 

Buy in - £10 each

Sold for £45 on ebay as a pair, £1 fvf. Sold for £35 locally as a pair cash. Not bad :)

I also bought 20x Mickey/Minnie for a similar price. I've had an offer for £500 cash for the lot, but holding out for £750+ 

As far as Disney goes, those mice are the only characters that I really have time for, they are timeless. The BHz theme has done better than expected for such fugly sets.

3 hours ago, dx0520 said:

It’s a moot point when most of the resellers here buy at [steep] discounts, so at worse case scenario there is no loss. Not to mention Saturn V has universal appeal and not some tight niche, so whether it’s going to retire now or later, it’s still a great investment if your buy in is below retail.

No one questioning whether Saturn V is going to make money.  That turns this into opportunity cost conversation.  8x 41615 > 1x 21309 and it's not even close.  Heck, would $50 FBA be ultra conservative guess for 41615 Xmas '19?  Meanwhile, 21309 might be on its way out by then with 1/4 of the worlds population storing no fewer than 5 somewhere in their houses. 

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, Voltron86 said:

For any UK folk who still want to buy this, it's available in hamleys online for £10.50 (5452 in stock right now)

http://www.hamleys.com/ae/lego-nutcracker-40254.ir

£7.50 in some branches of Poundland. I got the last 2 in Reading this morning. One box was a little tatty though. I often pop in case Snow Globes return.

6 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

£7.50 in some branches of Poundland. I got the last 2 in Reading this morning. One box was a little tatty though. I often pop in case Snow Globes return.

"We're very sorry but Hamley's cannot ship to your location."

you are dead to me Hamley's.

48 minutes ago, Sozial said:

I would be surprised if its not going this year. There is 31073 and end of 2018 is the normal life cycle.

We are getting the sea animals one in Jan too, so that means 3 similar sets on the go at the same time. In any case, those little ones move serious units even at full RRP.

8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Too good a seller.

It's consistently been inside Amazon's top 5 best selling LEGO set since it was introduced in late 2016 (currently #1).  Rarely does it dip lower than #40 overall in Toys category.  

Edited by carini26

4 minutes ago, carini26 said:

It's consistently been inside Amazon's top 5 best selling LEGO set since it was introduced in late 2016 (currently #1).  Rarely does it dip lower than #40 overall in Toys category.  

Exactly and that goes for all Amazon´s and not because it is 30% off. People even happy to pay for shipping. I think it´s just OOS at SAH due to seasonal demand but that´s great for any flippers.