Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, grabbitfast said:

Sales on the previous run were not great either and as we all know they ran for almost 20 months, saying that they were not stocked as widely as this new range.

As you say HP could be a factor in a very big drop in sales for Jurassic, I go for a year this time around so around April May 2019 EOL.

New  Jurassic film due 2021.

HP ?

8 minutes ago, amrandazz said:

Brick Bank or Detectives office first? I'm thinking BB since its been discounted and has a little less depth than DO. Or both simultaneously?

my take would be Parisian Restaurant.. over here its just a "sitting duck", nobody has been buying that anymore.. 

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, crayxlp said:

just my opinion. and in that .. I consider PR the worst of them all.. (visually) 

You sir, are cray! (see what I did there ;) )
I gotta agree with calmdahn though. This set is a beaut! I like all 3 of these modulars though. Up until about a month ago I thought it was PR that was going... but who knows. I just want to see some sweet deals! 

Well, I think the Restaurant and the Detective Office will be EOL this Year.

Regarding the lifespan of other sets of this series, both sets reached the average. The Restaurant appeared in 2014, the Office in 2015. So usually they have to be the next EOL sets as Assembly Square (2017) and American Diner (2018) are far too young and the Brick Bank (2016) with a lifespan less than two years would be a great surprise.

I guess Restaurant and Office will go as three other sets for sale in this series are enough to cover the market.

19 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

You sir, are cray! (see what I did there ;) )
I gotta agree with calmdahn though. This set is a beaut! I like all 3 of these modulars though. Up until about a month ago I thought it was PR that was going... but who knows. I just want to see some sweet deals! 

nice review, would you be willing to put these 3 in some order "the best - the worst"?  My absolute fav is BB

2 hours ago, crayxlp said:

nice review, would you be willing to put these 3 in some order "the best - the worst"?  My absolute fav is BB

It's hard for me to say because I still have yet to build any of them, so to be fair, my opinion might change after the build and seeing it right in front of me. 
I've built Town Hall, Grand Emporium, Pet Shop and Palace Cinema.
My favs based on pics would be PR, BB, AS, PC, DO, DD, CC, GG, TH, PS, FB, GE... give or take (little thought put into it). I think they're generally getting better, but still wish I had acquired the older ones I missed (CC, GG, FB).

Edited by jimmajenga

It's hard for me to say because I still have yet to build any of them, so to be fair, my opinion might change after the build and seeing it right in front of me. 
I've built Town Hall, Grand Emporium, Pet Shop and Palace Cinema.
My favs based on pics would be PR, BB, AS, PC, DO, CD, CC, GG, TH, PS, FB, GE... give or take (little thought put into it). I think they're generally getting better, but still wish I had acquired the older ones I missed (CC, GG, FB).

Take it you don’t like DD?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Guest TabbyBoy

I wonder which modular will make way for the resurrected Cafe Corner? ? I'd be very surprised if the powers that be haven't thought about it. All it takes is a new set number and the addition of a brick separator!

Seriously, those that are hanging onto retired modulars that have at least doubled in value are taking a big risk. Greed stung those that held onto the original Taj Mahal.

As far as retirements are concerned, FWIW I've heard (from a Bright Bricks employee) that LEGO have no intention of retiring the VW Camper or Tower Bridge for at least another 5 years as sales volumes are still very high. Disney may also be hiking the licence fee so LEGO Star Wars sets may become a thing of the past? Good riddance I say! ?

13 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I wonder which modular will make way for the resurrected Cafe Corner? ? I'd be very surprised if the powers that be haven't thought about it. All it takes is a new set number and the addition of a brick separator!

Seriously, those that are hanging onto retired modulars that have at least doubled in value are taking a big risk. Greed stung those that held onto the original Taj Mahal.

As far as retirements are concerned, FWIW I've heard (from a Bright Bricks employee) that LEGO have no intention of retiring the VW Camper or Tower Bridge for at least another 5 years as sales volumes are still very high. Disney may also be hiking the licence fee so LEGO Star Wars sets may become a thing of the past? Good riddance I say! ?

We should get confirmation of the vault creator set very soon. One tower in one out works for me.

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

No one thinks T1 is going but interestingly enough it's been 25% quite a bit lately here in Canada which I had never seen up until that passed month or 2. And as it's been said before, sales on hard to find sets are a lot harder to come by here in Canada. Tower Bridge keeps moving in price on Amazon as well... I'm not necessarily convinced they're going... but makes you wonder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmajenga said:

No one thinks T1 is going but interestingly enough it's been 25% quite a bit lately here in Canada which I had never seen up until that passed month or 2. And as it's been said before, sales on hard to find sets are a lot harder to come by here in Canada. Tower Bridge keeps moving in price on Amazon as well... I'm not necessarily convinced they're going... but makes you wonder.

It's been around so long and rehashed with a new box, not sure how strong the aftermarket will be.  It will be an interesting case study.

• 2 weeks later...

ourselves open speculations... you could agree on some but TLG will do as they please

here the ones I could agree on that short list of 7 "d2c"... more than 7 will retire...

75144 - Snowspeeder

10247 - Ferris Wheel

10242 - Mini Cooper

21313 - Ship in the bottle

21310 - Old fishing store

75827 - GB Firehouse HQ

I might not agree on the following but I cannot say that it would be impossible...

75159 - Death Star

we are getting closer to  year end, TLG will soon apply real "retiring" badges starting from EU LEGO Shop at Home sites: this speculation is fun!