Retiring Soon - open speculation

EV3 highly likely will wave farewell this year or Q1 2018. Birds are whispering EV4 is on the way with direct correlation with LEGO Boost which means you will be able to use Lego Boost and EV4 together to create something new or use EV4 standalone.
Surprisingly, EV3 didn't make it to the 'famous' list of our German member.

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/MINDSTORMS-Sets

2017-10-31 (3).png

Edited by Shewie

26 minutes ago, Shewie said:

EV3 highly likely will wave farewell this year or Q1 2018. Birds are whispering EV4 is on the way with direct correlation with LEGO Boost which means you will be able to use Lego Boost and EV4 together to create something new or use EV4 standalone.
Surprisingly, EV3 didn't make it to the 'famous' list of our German member.

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/MINDSTORMS-Sets

2017-10-31 (3).png

09/01/2013

05/31/2019

It goes out of stock over here as well on SAH.   Then comes back.  Actually can be a good flip when it does. According to Brickset went out of stock 10/22

I believe this is the third oldest set now if we exclude power functions and train tracks. Only T1 and TB have been around longer. I thought it was done last year too but it seems they alway sell out this time of the year. Demand is mainly driven by robotics schools and they may not want a new system that isn´t backward compatible.

I guess by 2019, Technic will also have migrated to PF V2.0.

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I believe this is the third oldest set now if we exclude power functions and train tracks. Only T1 and TB have been around longer. I thought it was done last year too but it seems they alway sell out this time of the year. Demand is mainly driven by robotics schools and they may not want a new system that isn´t backward compatible.

I guess by 2019, Technic will also have migrated to PF V2.0.

Actually 3 others technically older in US anyways.  Looks like EU dates were later on some of those.

10232 03/13 

10507 08/13

21050 08/13  

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Val-E said:

and 2 of those are about to retire anyway.

I just wonder if TB will get the gig in the sky now we have Taj on the market as well as Big Ben.

I think TB has got years left as they are still disappearing quickly off the shelves. Anyhow, I think SOH made way for TM. I’d rather TB hang on for another 3 years to celebrate its 10th birthday than be resurrected 1 year after EOL.

Production cycle for Mindstorms is more/less ~4 years.
EV1.0 2007
EV2.0 2009
EV3 2013
EV4 2017/18 sounds more than reasonable.
Software, schematics and accesories for EV3 are already obsolete and there are plenty of room for improvements. Those rumours with backward compatibility with improved software and cross platform Boost support seem plausible.

Edited by Shewie

Guest TabbyBoy
26 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Only have deer in the UK, unless you live in the Scottish Highlands!

Yum... I’ve still got a few muntjac haunches in the freezer. My farmer buddy is a great shot! I love free meat, bunnies too!

SAH are fiddling around with their retirements page - a jump from 1087 to 1897. Obviously not all retired, but something is probably going on in the background. I expect to see a lot of retirements over the next few days.

Last chance for many of the Brickheadz. The question is, are we going to see £5 or less from any retailer, or will they just vanish. The best I've seen is £9.50 with 3 for 2. 

Edited by Villager Chris

47 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

SAH are fiddling around with their retirements page - a jump from 1087 to 1897. Obviously not all retired, but something is probably going on in the background. I expect to see a lot of retirements over the next few days.

Last chance for many of the Brickheadz. The question is, are we going to see £5 or less from any retailer, or will they just vanish. The best I've seen is £9.50 with 3 for 2. 

Amazon have offered a few of them discounted. 3 for 2 as you say and a few places doing 2 for £15 not seen anything else offer wise. 

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Bought two complete sets of these for £5 for each brickheads on the back of recent TRU 2 for £15 deal and some £5 vouchers on £15 spend that I got recently. Not gone too hard on them, since always difficult to tell with a new line.

Also bought a few from Amazon. As a wise Jedi master once said, "difficult to see...always in motion is the future" maybe Yoda was talking about Lego collecting and investing?

Lego SAH uk is not showing any retiring soon just retired products e.g.  31051, 42046 and the 76042 are now labeled as retired (sorry if late to show on that news). As post above stated SAH must be the updating server and preparing to switch on the 2017 "retiring soon" lights?.....exciting!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Castle375 said:

Also bought a few from Amazon. As a wise Jedi master once said, "difficult to see...always in motion is the future" maybe Yoda was talking about Lego collecting and investing?

Lego SAH uk is not showing any retiring soon just retired products e.g.  31051, 42046 and the 76042 are now labeled as retired (sorry if late to show on that news). As post above stated SAH must be the updating server and preparing to switch on the 2017 "retiring soon" lights1f604.png.....exciting!

I have the same issue. Retiring soon search bringing back no results.