Retiring Soon - open speculation

12 minutes ago, Haay said:

EU LEGO Shop at Home:

- Elves The Water Dragon Adventure (41172) Call to check.

And while 75149 Resistance X-Wing officially retired last month, it apparently unretired again because it's now back to fully available! :O

and with a limit of 20!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, John82 said:

Yes they have been told there will be no Prince of Persia sequel

This explains a lot.... ;-)

Bur seriously, could it be that every prequel has simply no chance to be better as the original movie due to the fact that there is missing surprice how the story continues because we know it?

(Exception of that is Temple of Doom, but the stories are complete different and you are even not able to decide if the story of the second movie plays before or after Second Civil War due to different playground...)

Edited by mauro23

Guest TabbyBoy

I did hear something a couple of years ago about LEGO setting up the "LEGO Again" website where you can order ANY retired set in a plain box with PDF printed instructions for RRP allowing for inflation plus a small extra charge.

8 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I did hear something a couple of years ago about LEGO setting up the "LEGO Again" website where you can order ANY retired set in a plain box with PDF printed instructions for RRP allowing for inflation plus a small extra charge.

yes that was doing the rounds a while back,but Lego have enough trouble sorting out whats on their plate at the minute I think.

Plain boxes for lego would that not be a bogus bricks dream come true.

14 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I did hear something a couple of years ago about LEGO setting up the "LEGO Again" website where you can order ANY retired set for RRP allowing for inflation plus a significant extra charge.

I believe that is now their official main business plan for SAH. If you want a new set not made before you have to design it yourself and send them it as an IDEAS submission.

Yes, only the castle is still available from 2016 sets. Same as last year, these won´t make it to Black Friday.

7 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

I speculate that this one is going to be retired in a couple of days.. Elves - 41175 Elves Fire Dragon's Lava Cave. Currently it shows as out of stock on local EU shop

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

To beautiful to be true because they would need run again those lanes of productions that were adjusted with their mould to produce certain shapes and colours, I think it's a common knowledge that LEGO is getting rid of those Moulds that are not in use anymore to make space for new ones that are going to be exploited for another years to come. But idea is fantastic but at this point rather impossible to be implemented anytime soon especially with so many stock shortages.

Edited by Shewie

14 hours ago, crayxlp said:

I speculate that this one is going to be retired in a couple of days.. Elves - 41175 Elves Fire Dragon's Lava Cave. Currently it shows as out of stock on local EU shop

Scooped one up for €25 (RRP is €44.99 in Netherlands). I have faith in these Elves dragons. :) 

Minecraft Jungle Tree House is also now call to check US LEGO Shop at Home.  here's hoping for a minecraft mass extinction event coming up.

Not retirement related, but Minecraft mass-extinction related for sure: during my visits to B&N yesterday I noticed that all Minecraft is as good as gone there. A few lingering End Portals, Ice Spikes and Mushroom Islands was all I saw. Barely filling one 4ft shelf.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, legobuddies said:

Lego no longer is a good investment after Lego Company keep re-release the previous set start from X-wing red five 10240,10257 carousel, 10256 taj mahal and fews in the list. Next year Lego collectible market will crash after saw the remake set in the list. 

I agree!
2ly0ljo.gif

• Haha 4