Retiring Soon - open speculation

Lego no longer is a good investment after Lego Company keep re-release the previous set start from X-wing red five 10240,10257 carousel, 10256 taj mahal and fews in the list. Next year Lego collectible market will crash after saw the remake set in the list. 

And if it doesn't, there's always the year after that

20 hours ago, Deanfjr said:

Just got back from leg o store Minecraft village red tagged at 160.00 i bought to build with my son i had 45 in VIP to burn plus got nutcracker promo & beach bag 

that's a great deal for that set.  hopefully the stores around here have it at that price.

Minecraft - The Wither and Elves Fire Dragon Lava Cave are call to check on USA shop at home site.  as predicted by the list .

Edited by cladner

Guest TabbyBoy
6 hours ago, cladner said:

Elves Fire Dragon Lava Cave are call to check on USA shop at home site.  as predicted by the list .

On backorder at SaH in the UK. I glad I jumped on these at £18.66 each (RRP £39.99) during the first Tesco 3-for-2 of the season unlike the current "2"-for-2 ;-)

more minecraft gone call to check us shop at home - all predicted by the list:

Witch Hut, Jungle Temple, Snow Hideout.  Witch Hut and Jungle Temple just came out in February/March of this year.  

Architecture Berlin and Rapunzel's Best Day Ever  is also call to check.

Edited by cladner

5 minutes ago, cladner said:

more minecraft gone call to check us shop at home - all predicted by the list:

Witch Hut, Jungle Temple, Snow Hideout.  Witch Hut and Jungle Temple just came out in February/March of this year.  

Witch Hut and Jungle Temple are still easily available on Czech e-shop (since ours is bonded with Germany, I guess the same is valid for German e-shop) .. and Snow Hideout 21120 shows as retired on Czech e-shop.

Edited by crayxlp
grammar typo

7 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

Witch Hut and Jungle Temple are still easily available on Czech e-shop (since ours is tighted with Germany, I guess the same is valid for German e-shop) .. and Snow Hideout 21120 shows as retired on Czech e-shop.

yes these are easily accessible now.  by the shelf-full at walmart, target, tru.

the point of this thread is to alert members to start stocking up though with  the availability of the list, this thread is just re-confirming what we already know.

some of these minecraft sets have nice low seller counts (at the moment).

still have a feeling there will some surprises coming up.

one set off the hoard radar is Friends Snow Resort off-roader 41321  - came out in august and is disappearing from retailer stock already.  on the list.

Friends Vet Trailer is also call to check.  

Edited by cladner

18 minutes ago, cladner said:

still have a feeling there will some surprises coming up.

one set off the hoard radar is Friends Snow Resort off-roader 41321  - came out in august and is disappearing from retailer stock already.  on the list.

are you sure it's off the hoard radar?

hopefully you noticed the other ones as well

Edited by ravenb99

47 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

are you sure it's off the hoard radar?

i guess not since its oos for ordering at most places.

47 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

hopefully you noticed the other ones as well

yes - i have noticed other ones - i just hope they are the right other ones.

26 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

what about the rest of us less observing commoners ? 

its not too hard to  fool yourself into thinking you have it all figured out.

look and see what recent sets on  amazon are frequently going to  3rd party seller only.

look to see if other retailers have said item available for online ordering and check in store stock levels.

look to see if its limit 20 or limit 50 in europe.

then watch (for weeks) to see what happens to stock levels on amazon and other retailers to see if they get restocked or if levels continue to dry up. 

i  wouldn't want to give out specific advice on buying a long shot retirement and then have it not retire :) .

meanwhile 10811 Duplo Backhoe Loader has gone call to check - c'mon Duplo Big Money.

Edited by cladner
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cladner said:

its not too hard to  fool yourself into thinking you have it all figured out.

look and see what recent sets on  amazon are frequently going to  3rd party seller only.

look to see if other retailers have said item available for online ordering and check in store stock levels.

look to see if its limit 20 or limit 50 in europe.

then watch (for weeks) to see what happens to stock levels on amazon and other retailers to see if they get restocked or if levels continue to dry up. 

i  wouldn't want to give out specific advice on buying a long shot retirement and then have it not retire :) .

meanwhile 10811 Duplo Backhoe Loader has gone call to check - c'mon Duplo Big Money.

that seems like a lot of work.  I prefer to just type in a set number and bingo have it tell me...

• Haha 2

On 18. 11. 2017 at 4:29 AM, legobuddies said:

Lego no longer is a good investment after Lego Company keep re-release the previous set start from X-wing red five 10240,10257 carousel, 10256 taj mahal and fews in the list. Next year Lego collectible market will crash after saw the remake set in the list. 

perhaps you should first clarify what you see as "an investment"  (appreciation in percentage per a year?).. there are many people who invest in ordinary stock exchange market expecting maybe around 5-8 % {if they are lucky) increase and appreciation of their investment paid in the annual revenues.. and to them its not bad at all! (no extra work or shifts done).. so what kind of appreciation do you expect.?