Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, Haay said:

Clicking the "Retiring Soon" checkbox does give a list of 45 items though:

5a02f05ba772a_RetiringSooncheckbox.png.1f5e27c589dbc10c5c19619811f75678.png

104 now.

On 1/14/2017 at 11:10 PM, TabbyBoy said:

Which ones do you think?

Checking around local lego selling stores today for soon to be discontinued sets there are definitely more retirements on the way.

40 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

lets face it they dont know what they are doing,I certainly dont.

Yup. The results are very spurious.

If you do a generic search then filter by sets and retiring soon the current number is 52 but even that includes some things i wouldn't class as sets i.e. baubles and nexo knight shields.  

Minecraft The Cave has finally gone call to check us LEGO Shop at Home.  retired in europe last year, kept around for extra year in north america. 

this has been the top selling licensed theme lego set on and off for the last several years on amazon .  its currently #1 licensed theme set and #4 building set over all.  so here's hoping that demand persists in the afterlife.

Edited by cladner

juniors emma ice cream truck retired in europe.  

new york city skyline set keeps going out of stock at target.  its come back in and out of stock 3 times in the last 2 weeks.  nyc is not on"the list" of retiring sets that has been circulated.  the other retiring architecture sets on the list are also going in and oos at target which is what happened the last 2 years before architecture sets retired. have a few stashed just in case.

juniors cars 3 Smokey's Garage - walmart has been oos for ordering online now for a week.  amazon is also OOS with 3rd party seller only.  almost no stock in stores at walmart.  target is about 50% out of stock in stores.  hasn't been out all that long and probably seasonal shortages but.....

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I wouldn't say perfectly.  There are quite a few Walmart clearance sets reported that are not on the list.

right - i'm sure the list is incomplete and there are more retirements than on the list but there are none on the list that haven't been clearanced at walmart - even architecture berlin and venice i picked up 50% off same store that I picked up the 50% off Lincoln memorials when i thought i was hallucinating seeing instore architecture sets on sale no less.  also newer minecraft sets like waterfall base were being clearanced at walmart which was weird.  but that set is on the list.   the retirements not on the list is where the big (more than $5) money is to be made :) 

i can't freaking believe eiffel tower is sticking around .  smh

Edited by cladner

11 minutes ago, cladner said:

right - i'm sure the list is incomplete and there are more retirements than on the list but there are none on the list that haven't been clearanced at walmart - even architecture berlin and venice i picked up 50% off same store that I picked up the 50% off Lincoln memorials when i thought i was hallucinating seeing instore architecture sets on sale no less.  also newer minecraft sets like waterfall base were being clearanced at walmart which was weird.  but that set is on the list.   the retirements not on the list is where the big (more than $5) money is to be made :) 

i can't freaking believe eiffel tower is sticking around .  smh

What I meant was, anomaly clearances like Ultimate Batmobile, Batwing, Krennic's Shuttle, U-Wing, new Star Wars sets like Tie Striker, Rathtar, Quad Jumper, etc.

Stuff that's not leaving.

29 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

What I meant was, anomaly clearances like Ultimate Batmobile, Batwing, Krennic's Shuttle, U-Wing, new Star Wars sets like Tie Striker, Rathtar, Quad Jumper, etc.

Stuff that's not leaving.

Krennics, U wing and Tie Striker are on the list near the bottom.

others are not.  i personally never came across clearance rathtar or quad jumper but did see all of the others fairly widely cleared.  no stores have stock of ultimate batmobile within 100 miles and loads of large TBM sets cluttering the shelves so i won't be surprised if it goes.

interesting that the list now does not include all of the retiring speed champions sets that were on it earlier ;) 

Edited by cladner

8 minutes ago, cladner said:

Krennics, U wing and Tie Striker are on the list near the bottom.

others are not.  i personally never came across clearance rathtar or quad jumper but did see all of the others fairly widely cleared.  no stores have stock of ultimate batmobile within 100 miles and loads of large TBM sets cluttering the shelves so i won't be surprised if it goes.

interesting that the list now does not include all of the retiring speed champions sets that were on it earlier ;) 

I guess I meant Tracker 1, but Raven also pulled U-Wing and Krennic from that list. ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I guess I meant Tracker 1, but Raven also pulled U-Wing and Krennic from that list. ;)

uh - the plot thickens - heady days ahead.  choose wisely, untold riches.  choose poorly, spend eternity waiting in return line at walmart during holiday season or perhaps building a new dust collection.

what we really need are some hot duplo retirement tips.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

Given recent EOL of Technic 42054 Claas Xerion 5000 TRAC (released on 30.7.2016), I believe that Technic 42052 Heavy Lift Helicopter (release date 1.1.2016) and 42053 Volvo EW160E (release date 30.7.2016) are also any moment due.. 

.. and Technic 42050 Drag Racer (released 26.12.2015)

31 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

Given recent EOL of Technic 42054 Claas Xerion 5000 TRAC (released on 30.7.2016), I believe that Technic 42052 Heavy Lift Helicopter (release date 1.1.2016) and 42053 Volvo EW160E (release date 30.7.2016) are also any moment due.. 

.. and Technic 42050 Drag Racer (released 26.12.2015)

Yes, they are all done. 

3 hours ago, cladner said:

it also correlated perfectly with walmart clearance which has been strong EOL predictor the last 2 years. 

Proving the point that any American with an Amazon vendor account can make money from selling Lego when Walmart inform you it is done AND reduce the price for you and Amazon sell it for you at vastly inflated prices!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Castle375 said:

Just been to SAH uk and 42054 has slipped into retirement.

That is a short life, couldn’t have sold well?

Also I have experienced today that I can no longer go to featured and tick retiring soon on SAH (anyone else having this issuer?). 

Full retirement announcements must be very soon?

In my opinion this Claas Tractor has one of the most beautiful and esthethics look (together with heavy lifting helicopter, bucket wheeler) from the entire 2016 series.. obviously Porsche is a class of its own and "everybody has it" - so there would be tons of that later.. currently Im contemplating whether another 42054 new for 84 GBP is good choice or not..

11 minutes ago, Castle375 said:

Just been to SAH uk and 42054 has slipped into retirement.

That is a short life, couldn’t have sold well?

Also I have experienced today that I can no longer go to featured and tick retiring soon on SAH (anyone else having this issuer?). 

Full retirement announcements must be very soon?

It´s typical for summer release non-flagship sets to retire the following year.

42 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

In my opinion this Claas Tractor has one of the most beautiful and esthethics look (together with heavy lifting helicopter, bucket wheeler) from the entire 2016 series.. obviously Porsche is a class of its own and "everybody has it" - so there would be tons of that later.. currently Im contemplating whether another 42054 new for 84 GBP is good choice or not..

For 84 GBP that sounds good, cheapest I’ve seen is 94.