Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 minute ago, Gnueck said:

Do you think the AT-ST would be a good set? Normally I dont tough these cheap sets but the short production run and original saga stuff seems to be tempting...

Do you think the AT-ST would be a good set? Normally I dont tough these cheap sets but the short production run and original saga stuff seems to be tempting...

at 60% off or more. It was discounted heavily during 4th May promo so people got quite a few.

BTW Heartlake performance school is also missing from the list, but it´s a TRU exclusive.

Edited by Val-E

I agree most of what is on that list is going... and seems very legit.  I don't pay attention to all the themes like Nexo Knights or elves, but the lego batman, star wars and architecture seem right.  I am a little shocked the Rogue one sets are going this quickly.  It looks like the only one that will survive is the y-wing. I've seen good discounts on all of the sets on that list, and we all know that it's a "sign" of retirement when Walmart starts blowing them out at half off on clearance prices over the summer, and then later have them discounted again....  Those remaining Force Awakens sets I say good riddance, but they all suck as investments I think.

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I’m surprised that the first wave of Brickheadz are on that list. Hmmm... could these be gold?

At half price, why not? BTW the doubters about the list might want to check out EU SAH and US retiring soon tags and they´ll see it´s pretty much accurate apart from the store exclusives and missing themes.

I´d say 2018 will be the last year for Minecraft, Nexo, Elves, TLBM and maybe even classic Ninjago. New incoming licensed themes like Jurassic, Harry Potter plus a couple of new Lego internal themes will replace them.

Regarding SW, I still reckon all 2015 and 2016 R1 and TFA sets are done - in Europe, at least.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, mtchrs said:

Both kwik-e-Mart and Simpsons house are discounted in Warsaw Lego store. They've got to go this year.

I hope so as they're hanging around like a bad smell. Fingers crossed that the Simpsons House reaches 75% of RRP so that I can break even!

21 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I hope so as they're hanging around like a bad smell. Fingers crossed that the Simpsons House reaches 75% of RRP so that I can break even!

Kwik-e-mart is one of the best sets ever. Especially when you replace the yellow bricks with another color.Too bad this was never discounted much, but I would buy any set that I can get  with a discount of more than 40%

5 hours ago, mtchrs said:

Both kwik-e-Mart and Simpsons house are discounted in Warsaw Lego store. They've got to go this year.

It's Certified Lego Store not Brand Lego Store, owner of this store by impulse can decide to discount 90% of the stuff in there without letting everyone know.
They are discounting shelf warmers. Seals on those probably are from January, but 2015.
They still have Sandcrawlers and Tidirium available in there.
Franchise =/= Brand Stores

Welcome to Warsaw anyway :)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Shewie said:

as legit as not mentioned 10232 in the list above which has been confirmed by TLG as EOL.

It was already stated above the list was missing 128 sets.  Of what he had on there all but 5 were correct.   He then added some more of which are all correct too.  

• Like 1