Retiring Soon - open speculation

Got the new holiday catalogue, and one thing that caught my eye is that the Two-face Batman Lego movie set has the words "Last Chance"...  meaning it's retiring at the end of the year.  That's really quick, as it just came out in June!  Granted, the same thing happened to a few sets last year, and many of them turned out to be turkeys.. so you never know.  

Yep, the ‘ol Vader vs A-Wingaroo

7 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Got the new holiday catalogue, and one thing that caught my eye is that the Two-face Batman Lego movie set has the words "Last Chance"...  meaning it's retiring at the end of the year.  That's really quick, as it just came out in June!  Granted, the same thing happened to a few sets last year, and many of them turned out to be turkeys.. so you never know.  

They meant last chance to pay full RRP. That one will be an easy 50%off come January.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They meant last chance to pay full RRP. That one will be an easy 50%off come January.

Great - wanted a couple of extras to build a full white dumper. Sell the figures and the parts I don't use to reduce (if not eliminate) cost. Will be cool to have a non-yellow construction vehicle

5 minutes ago, Poppy2612 said:

Great - wanted a couple of extras to build a full white dumper. Sell the figures and the parts I don't use to reduce (if not eliminate) cost. Will be cool to have a non-yellow construction vehicle

Lego will be delighted someone actual wants multiples of this one (limit 20). Maybe Tesco 3 for 2 could be a better opportunity than waiting for a SAH sale.

Edited by Val-E

22 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Batman Villain with a construction vehicle? I think we've been here before. 

Or agricultural equipment...

I guess the Brickpicker definition of being human is repeating the same lego investment mistakes time and time again expecting different results.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

I'd be delighted if the UK / Europe going rate for this set was what you guys get in the US. I can only hope that Christmas clears out these turds from the cupboards of the lowballers selling them for £50 still.

Here in Germany we have around 150 sellers for that crap at Amazon. Everytime it is close to 140, it somehow bounces back to over 150 sellers. I've built that set myself, it's actually pretty nice. But the RRP was simply too high, 100€ for 700 parts is a joke

Edited by Gnueck

41 minutes ago, Gnueck said:

Here in Germany we have around 150 sellers for that crap at Amazon. Everytime it is close to 140, it somehow bounces back to over 150 sellers. I've built that set myself, it's actually pretty nice. But the RRP was simply too high, 100€ for 700 parts is a joke

I think that people paying £80 / 100 euros for a set want one big thing, not two small ships. Anyway, I have 8 of these beauties, average £33 buy-in I think. They'll work eventually, it will just take time. I find comfort in pretending that they aren't actually retired yet, due to the huge oversupply.

Lego Tags

Are there many sets (£20+) that have disappeared over the last 3 to 4 months that didn't have the retiring sets tag in the EU? A few months ago I was on top of this, but now snowed under at work so sadly I feel out of touch. 

Retirement season is approaching and I expect quite a few retirements, but no tags or reductions yet. The sales section has been very quiet on SAH of late. Is Lego playing with us? 

Thanks in advance. 

Guest TabbyBoy
31 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Lego Tags

Are there many sets (£20+) that have disappeared over the last 3 to 4 months that didn't have the retiring sets tag in the EU? A few months ago I was on top of this, but now snowed under at work so sadly I feel out of touch. 

Retirement season is approaching and I expect quite a few retirements, but no tags or reductions yet. The sales section has been very quiet on SAH of late. Is Lego playing with us? 

Thanks in advance. 

I think LEGO's got bigger problems than worrying about whether to tag retiring sets or not. I'd rather nothing be tagged or announced at all. At this time last year, there were some 50% off sets like Friends Tree House and Elves Marketplace which were good buys. The stuff on sale now in the UK is utter crap!

1 hour ago, Villager Chris said:

Lego Tags

Thanks in advance. 

The US site had a few tagged so check there. From memory there were SW buildables and a few Friends sets but they are maybe not retired yet.

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The US site had a few tagged so check there. From memory there were SW buildables and a few Friends sets but they are maybe not retired yet.

Some have been tagged for an eternity (e.g. Brickheadz).

I am interested in one group of sets in particular that should be going in October/November. That's assuming that history repeats itself. Of course it probably won't! 

10 hours ago, Val-E said:

It actually is like 20% at Amazon and 15% off at Lego, I think. I know Lego has it on sale for 47.99, not sure what percentage that is and too lazy too find it ;)

minecraft The Dungeon and The Iron Golem have been OOS from amazon.com and third party seller only for the last few days.  both have higher than average sales rank so maybe a seasonal shortage?  still available everywhere else.  oh yeah and the cave is still going strong an extra year in north america, was the top sales rank of any licensed theme set until star wars advent knocked them out. will the cave retire this year or is it going to keep going?

simpsons house is on back order  please be mindful as it is limit 1 at shop at home and clearly they are keeping tabs on this dead stone - could this be it?  wth - limit 1 - that'll keep the evil resellers propping up our company's profits at bay.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, hockeyweasel said:

City Square is C2C on US SAH

Hmmm.... I bought a load for £50 each a year ago, it would be nice to fill that space with more rockets!