Retiring Soon - open speculation

I didn't order a single thing from lego.com this time around.  Just got a AOH off the zon' . . . . I did want the minifigure, but it was gone after the first day so I didn't move quick enough.  I was too busy running around scarfing up black series and hot wheels for my son...  Unfortunately, a lot of the new lego sets took a "meh" tone with him.  And of course I felt a bit the same way.  

Regardless, the sale was pretty telling in which sets are going, and which ones will stick around.

• Like 2

Ok so time for a revised thermometer test following recent news:

99% sure: Simpsons sets, TIE Fighter, Palace Cinema, WInter Toy Shop, Batcave, ToA, SHIELD, AoH, Ferrari F40 (10)

50% sure: Slave1 (1)

outside bets: T1, Tower Bridge, Minecraft Village, Mini, Parisian Restaurant, Fairground wheel (6)

Seems we could get another bumper retirement year like 2014.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Val-E said:

99% sure: Simpsons sets, TIE Fighter, Palace Cinema, WInter Toy Shop, Batcave, ToA, SHIELD, AoH, Ferrari F40 (10)

outside bets: T1, Tower Bridge, Minecraft Village, Mini, Parisian Restaurant, Fairground wheel (6)

These four are for sure!! 

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

Edited by Martae54
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Val-E said:

some of your thermometer is on fire and some is cold as ice...

flames.jpg

ice.jpg

23 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I found an interesting page, which says the following:

Retiring dates:

2017-12-31 - Simpsons, Mercedes Arocs, SHIELD, Parisian Restaurant, Tower Bridge, Minecraft Village, Mini, T1

2018-12-31 - Ferrari F40, Fairground wheel

https://www.retrotoys.eu/LEGO-10248-Ferrari-F40

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, uszobajnok said:

Retiring dates:

2017-12-31 - Simpsons, Mercedes Arocs, SHIELD, Parisian Restaurant, Tower Bridge, Minecraft Village, Mini, T1

If the Parisian Restaurant retires this year I'm loading up. IMO it's one of the best modulars and a 2017 would result in only a 3-year lifespan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eliminator said:

If the Parisian Restaurant retires this year I'm loading up. IMO it's one of the best modulars and a 2017 would result in only a 3-year lifespan.

Everything is retiring.

Just now, Shewie said:

T1 is a fantastic seller, this set alone drives more $ than all the rest Creator Expert "Car Line" combined together, Lego especially nowadays won't kill the goose that lays golden eggs.

Which is why Saturn rocket is also staying.

19 minutes ago, uszobajnok said:

Retiring dates:

That´s a good find. Let´s see if it is accurate.

1 minute ago, fossilrock said:

Lego already announced on their facebook page that the Palace Cinema is retiring.  Doubt the Parisian Restaurant is going too.

I think we had that rumour last year too. They also say ToA is staying till winter 2018 so maybe take it with a pinch of salt.

26 minutes ago, Val-E said:

10232 Palace Cinema Sold Out at US SAH and 30 days backorder in Europe. Give the Lego Community Manager the afternoon off - job well done.

Well then. I guess I need to take a visit to my local Lego Store tomorrow and grab a couple?

I was hoping this set would at least stay around until double VIP points next month...

Edited by eliminator