Retiring Soon - open speculation

8 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Hmmm.... I bought a load for £50 each a year ago, it would be nice to fill that space with more rockets!

Crap! At that price you can't lose, even if it was a stinker.  I liked this set for splitting up, with the news helicopter being the only true loser, though the car dealership/service center and tram station also could take a while to sell.  

Oh, and the US listing is back to Backorder

Edited by hockeyweasel

30 minutes ago, Saruman said:

LEGO Shop at Home is now taking backorders for the SHIELD

Given that the Palace Cinema is the same, I wonder if they've SNAFU'ed what the product page is supposed to say, since the gallery listing says "out of stock" and clicking on it gives you the product page backorder option.  I mean, after all, we are talking about the SAH IT department.  Will this force a production run (assuming it wasn't in the plans to begin with) so that they can honor the order or will they cancel it? If you order, add a <$5 CMF to get them to ship you the freebies, just in case.

1 hour ago, hockeyweasel said:

Given that the Palace Cinema is the same, I wonder if they've SNAFU'ed what the product page is supposed to say, since the gallery listing says "out of stock" and clicking on it gives you the product page backorder option.  I mean, after all, we are talking about the SAH IT department.  Will this force a production run (assuming it wasn't in the plans to begin with) so that they can honor the order or will they cancel it? If you order, add a <$5 CMF to get them to ship you the freebies, just in case.

What does SNAFU'ed stand for and is the other one Shop at Home "IT"? What does "IT" stand for? I guess that the CMF was like some small polybag, but what does it actually mean? Sorry I just am not good with all these abbreviations ;) 

28 minutes ago, Saruman said:

What does SNAFU'ed stand for and is the other one Shop at Home "IT"? What does "IT" stand for? I guess that the CMF was like some small polybag, but what does it actually mean? Sorry I just am not good with all these abbreviations ;) 

Situation Normally All F'd Up

Information Technology or IT is typically understood as training and specialization in meeting the computer needs of businesses, organizations and municipalities.

Edited by marcandre
  • Like 3

What does SNAFU'ed stand for and is the other one Shop at Home "IT"? What does "IT" stand for? I guess that the CMF was like some small polybag, but what does it actually mean? Sorry I just am not good with all these abbreviations  

CMF = Collectible Mini Figure
  • Like 1

Got some recent information which said that the 75105 Falcon will be retired soon. I'm not sure if that is true but there are really many large sets out there.

On the list were also both X-Wings, the FO Tie, Clone Turbo and some other sets. Captain Rex was missing

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gnueck said:

Got some recent information which said that the 75105 Falcon will be retired soon. I'm not sure if that is true but there are really many large sets out there.

On the list were also both X-Wings, the FO Tie, Clone Turbo and some other sets. Captain Rex was missing

Yep, there's pretty solid info that maybe a movie about young Han Solo might come out next year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gnueck said:

The designer confirmed it on Brickset over a month ago. Basically there won´t be much left of TFA or R1 sets after Xmas - depending on how fast existing stock sells.

New Falcon coming in 1HY 2018 anyway.

Got a lot of stock of these left, that would be f*cking great if there would be a new one shortly after the 75105. But lets wait and see, maybe it will take till late 2018 and or the price will be a *bit* higher

BTW- had the 42054 Claas on that list too. Thats also pretty strange, it's a good selling very cool set and out for not so long

3 minutes ago, Gnueck said:

Got a lot of stock of these left, that would be f*cking great if there would be a new one shortly after the 75105. But lets wait and see, maybe it will take till late 2018 and or the price will be a *bit* higher

BTW- had the 42054 Claas on that list too. Thats also pretty strange, it's a good selling very cool set and out for not so long

Yes, the Claas and Volvo are both done after 1.5 years. Porsche and BWE survive on to 2018. What about Architecture and Elves?

Elves seems to be done up to 41185, but I'm no expert here. I have bought quite some of the older sets (up to 41180) because I thought they will be retired in 2016. Which didnt happen ^^

Architecture the same (no sets at all), but on my list are Berlin, Louvre, Venedig, Burj Khalifa

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yes, the Claas and Volvo are both done after 1.5 years. Porsche and BWE survive on to 2018. What about Architecture and Elves?

eiffel tower and louvre i think are going.  small chance that burj goes - target has been oos a few times now which is weird.  also i think berlin and venice are going based on getting them on clearance from walmart.

elves - place your bets for early retirements of unpopular sets.

minecraft - hoping for a mass extinction event including all the sets that were clearanced at target.

They just can´t make a go of those BK´s can they? That´s 2 with short lives.

1 minute ago, cladner said:

eiffel tower and louvre i think are going.  small chance that burj goes - target has been oos a few times now which is weird.  also i think berlin and venice are going based on getting them on clearance from walmart.

elves - place your bets for early retirements of unpopular sets.

minecraft - hoping for a mass extinction event including all the sets that were clearanced at target.

Minecraft is losing steam in general. Very few toys of any type this Xmas.

Never got in that Minecraft stuff. I have three Villages (the big set, forgot the number) and I guess they are done too because there are too many big sets out there. They are not on the list tough, because as a "normal" trader I cant buy exclusives here in Germany from Lego (only through "shady" channels). It's not like in the US, where you get that stuff in Target or WalMart 

3 minutes ago, Gnueck said:

Never got in that Minecraft stuff. I have three Villages (the big set, forgot the number) and I guess they are done too because there are too many big sets out there. They are not on the list tough, because as a "normal" trader I cant buy exclusives here in Germany from Lego (only through "shady" channels). It's not like in the US, where you get that stuff in Target or WalMart 

You´ll get at least 100 likes if you post the full list. SAH are going to drag it out over the next few weeks anyway.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1