Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Haay said:

Another hint that the Ferrari F40 is going exit. Someone in The Netherlands bought a 10248 Ferrari F40 in a toy-store and the owner mentioned to him that he can't order that set any longer.

I don't see why not as the T1 will outlive them all. A friend who works for John Lewis in the UK told me that it's not a very good seller which could be why. That also tells me that it may not perform well either after EOL.

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

I don't see why not as the T1 will outlive them all. A friend who works for John Lewis in the UK told me that it's not a very good seller which could be why. That also tells me that it may not perform well either after EOL.

That's also what people thought about 10224 Town Hall. And then it skipped the queue to retire ahead of older sets. :cool:

55 minutes ago, Castle375 said:

This is dangerous time of year, retire announcements, Black Friday, pre Christmas deals.....

I wonder what surprises are in store for retirements....:)

IIRC Last year we got retiring soon tags on "exclusives" and ideas sets first then the rest came a few weeks later.

Guest TabbyBoy

TB not in the catalogue means nothing as it only shows a fraction of currents sets. A very hot seller like TB doesn’t need page space either. It won’t surprise me if Big Ben or Ferris Wheel retire first. TB’s been out for so long that it’s buggered any hopes of post EOL growth.

I feel the same about the T1 where the Mini, Beetle, Routemaster & F40 will go first. Why retire an in-demand evergreen set?

So let´s just review and reconfirm for latecomers.

Definite exclusive retirees confirmed by Lego: Palace Cinema, SHIELD, TIE, F40, Batcave, Hoth, Airjitzu.

Likely based on rumour and heuristics: Winter Toy Shop, Simpsons, Slave 1.

Sets that could go either way but will probably stick around another year: VW T1, Mini, Tower Bridge, Minecraft Village, Ferris Wheel and everyone´s favourite rocket.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gnueck said:

Where did you guys get the info about the retiring sets? There is nothing on the Shoppage

The definites were all marked "Last chance" or something similar in the previous official catalogue.

Community knowledge says there will be 11 exclusives going soon so no chance for TB or T1 this year.

Edited by Val-E

ok - i see what you did there.  how much are people going to be willing to pay for the village in the future is a pretty open ended question but extreme low seller count (12)  is favorable for rapid price appreciation. 

And just like that the seller count will now increase 10 fold.....
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

And just like that the seller count will now increase 10 fold.....

Dont know. At least here in Germany. This thing was only available through the Lego Shop and wasn't discounted at all. I've got 8 of them 20% cheaper when buying in the Legoland themepark. 

Anyway, I don't think even there are only a few sellers this will go through the roof. I would be happy if I make a small profit with them

Got the new holiday catalogue, and one thing that caught my eye is that the Two-face Batman Lego movie set has the words "Last Chance"...  meaning it's retiring at the end of the year.  That's really quick, as it just came out in June!  Granted, the same thing happened to a few sets last year, and many of them turned out to be turkeys.. so you never know.