Retiring Soon - open speculation

5 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

What is the source that Claas and Volvo is retiring? Its out of logic to retire them after 1 year and 4 months, while all august technic sets are retiring on december + 2 years...

False, 42029 and 028 retired after 1.5 years. So did 42042 crane and the fire plane last year.

Volvo is out of stock in Europe and US so that is a pretty good source.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gnueck said:

Here you go. Are likes important? ^^

Anyway, I find it interesting that the City Vulcan sets are also seem to be done. They are from last year, so they are not really that old. Did a pretty good investment with the last (deep sea) sets, but I didnt bought any of these

Retired.txt

Do you have any info on Speed Champions? There have been a few signs in the UK to suggest that the Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H and Mercedes-AMG GT3 may go after just 12 months. Would be interesting if you could confirm that.

48 minutes ago, Gnueck said:

Here you go. Are likes important? ^^

Anyway, I find it interesting that the City Vulcan sets are also seem to be done. They are from last year, so they are not really that old. Did a pretty good investment with the last (deep sea) sets, but I didnt bought any of these

Retired.txt

would appreciate if you have lego juniors

4 minutes ago, Gnueck said:

Sorry, I have only that list :(

BTW your list is also missing store exclusives e.g sets only sold to TRU or similar. That´s why 75157 and a few more are missing.

1 minute ago, starwarsxpress said:

appreciate it a lot

you have any guesses on how reliable it is ?

99.99% but there will be additional sets retiring too.....

I would like know too. I have the list from a friend who works in a big German wholesaler and he got the list from Lego (last chance to order). I am pretty much stocked with everything but maybe I will do some late investments in Technic and Star Wars (if I can manage to get the stuff very cheap)

Anyway, I also thought that some of the Elves sets would be retire by the end of 2016 but they did not (I think they even listed these in SAH as retiering soon, like 41180) last year. So take this list with caution. 

But I still think it should be a good reference and should be mostly correct

Edited by Gnueck

In Germany, the 75157 is virtually all over the place. Every seller has these sets. Amazon (always about at 25% off), Real, Saturn and so one sell this thing

https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/4970503_-star-wars-captain-rex-s-at-te-75157-lego.htmlhttps://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/4970503_-star-wars-captain-rex-s-at-te-75157-lego.html

2 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

Val do you have any projected juniors retirements ?

Yes. 10724 and a few more, but they are not my speciality, so we will need to wait a week or so till Lego provides the info.

1 minute ago, Gnueck said:

In Germany, the 75157 is virtually all over the place. Every seller has these sets. Amazon (always about at 25% off), Real, Saturn and so one sell this thing

https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/4970503_-star-wars-captain-rex-s-at-te-75157-lego.htmlhttps://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/4970503_-star-wars-captain-rex-s-at-te-75157-lego.html

My bad, I was thinking about 75158. 75157 is on my list though (non official).

Ah ok. Have some 75158 and yes, they are exclusive here to Kaufhof and Toys but they seem to be quite slow sellers (reminds me a bit on the infamous 75150). Bought some anyway because I got them dirt cheap from Toys for about 59€. But I wont buy more then the 20 or so I already have

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

All but 5 on the list provided above are correct.

It is missing approx 128 though.

Can you name the five before anyone makes a stupid mistake? ;)

4 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

All but 5 on the list provided above are correct.

It is missing approx 128 though.

I believe it´s missing D2Cs, Ideas, SH Marvel and DC, Speed Champions, Seasonals, Juniors, Duplo, Classic and the other sets that might differ in retirement period between US and Europe....

Edited by Val-E

2 minutes ago, Gnueck said:

Ah ok. Have some 75158 and yes, they are exclusive here to Kaufhof and Toys but they seem to be quite slow sellers (reminds me a bit on the infamous 75150). Bought some anyway because I got them dirt cheap from Toys for about 59€. But I wont buy more then the 20 or so I already have

Can you name the five before anyone makes a stupid mistake? ;)

well that would be exciting to delete 5 and add 128 it is like licking a tootsie roll pop we may or may not have to wait

1 minute ago, cladner said:

who wants some BIG likes?  hah?  hah?  c'mon  the LTP are scrounging and begging.

More Minecraft....

Just now, Shewie said:

as reliable as Hungarian Lego website posted here some time ago with with EOL dates on every single set listed.

This list tallies perfectly with sets that are not on display in Xmas assortment in your local supermarket. Some sets like the Falcon will be made till the last moment to satisfy orders, seals are now 37S.

1 minute ago, cladner said:

who wants some BIG likes?  hah?  hah?  c'mon  the LTP are scrounging and begging.

I thought I was nice enough to go through and verify that whole list...

the 5 are 21123 21134 75102 75155 75156

is a pretty interesting list to see a few others that are already not available over here.  Guessing they stayed around there longer on retail shelves.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

75170 retiring is interesting (ish). Presumably because it was so overpriced nobody bought one (not so much in the US).

We could say that about 80% of the range. Perhaps Lego will take not they were too greey with stuff like Phantom and City Petrol Station prices.

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

More Minecraft....

This list tallies perfectly with sets that are not on display in Xmas assortment in your local supermarket. Some sets like the Falcon will be made till the last moment to satisfy orders, seals are now 37S.

I didn't say that the list isn't accurate but far from being called "fully reliable" some of them are miss.

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

I thought I was nice enough to go through and verify that whole list...

the 5 are 21123 21134 75102 75155 75156

is a pretty interesting list to see a few others that are already not available over here.  Guessing they stayed around there longer on retail shelves.

Come on man, Eiffel Tower is not dead?

3 minutes ago, Shewie said:

I didn't say that the list isn't accurate but far from being called "fully reliable" some of them are miss.

There can be regional differences but this is the wholesale list for pre xmas orders that will have been fulfilled by now. They can still retire more sets if they choose.

2 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

long live the tower!

Tower is a bogey word for lego investors what with 10214.