Retiring Soon - open speculation

With this logic we would have now 200 exclusive sets on shelves. Every year brings 10 new exclusive sets - some must finnish. Otherwise a cannibalism effect would kill the sale numbers.

True. However the T1 must be selling in significant volumes even in comparison to other successful sets that get retired after a shorter time span.

I thought with Snowspeeder and possible UCS MF this year 2 UCS SW would go. Tie was a given but still think Slave will go EOY (only my 2 cents).

Does anyone know how well the other modulars have sold, are there any info from Lego or are their cards kept close to chest on this? I ask as many of ou say T1 sells well so wondered if this is just commonly known or there are good sites/sources for Lego sales?

15 minutes ago, Castle375 said:

I thought with Snowspeeder and possible UCS MF this year 2 UCS SW would go. Tie was a given but still think Slave will go EOY (only my 2 cents).

Does anyone know how well the other modulars have sold, are there any info from Lego or are their cards kept close to chest on this? I ask as many of ou say T1 sells well so wondered if this is just commonly known or there are good sites/sources for Lego sales?

Jamie from TLG confirmed as much in a recent interview. The only sales data we get are the best selling sets in the bi annual reports and T1 is not one of them but it must have fairly constant demand or they would have pulled it by now. The fact it makes no sense to remake it means they will probably keep it going until there is a clear sign of falling demand. It´s one of the few cross over sets that people who don´t particular like Lego could buy.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Nearly every time I go into JL, I see newer seal codes on the T1 showing that it's still a red hot seller. LEGO would be foolish to EOL a set that sells so well. Unfortunately when we come to offload, I doubt there'll be many buyers as they'd have had many, many years to buy at RRP or less. I think we could be cutting our losses on this along with the TB. I bought 23 of the damn things! ;-(

11 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Nearly every time I go into JL, I see newer seal codes on the T1 showing that it's still a red hot seller. LEGO would be foolish to EOL a set that sells so well. Unfortunately when we come to offload, I doubt there'll be many buyers as they'd have had many, many years to buy at RRP or less. I think we could be cutting our losses on this along with the TB. I bought 23 of the damn things! ;-(

Will it follow PS or Delorean residuals?

Guest TabbyBoy
34 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Will it follow PS or Delorean residuals?

Even PS residuals would be nice, but I think we'll be lucky to see the T1 reach RRP within the first 2 years of EOL. I think it's just too massively hoarded for a decent short term return. Even the same size/price 10226 SC (a better set IMHO) is now barely above RRP after expenses and it's been EOL for a while. I may sound negative, but it's a sign of the times I'm afraid ;-)

21 minutes ago, Shewie said:

76060 Dr. Strange & 70602 Jay's Elemental Dragon back from Retired Products to Available status (discounted by 30%)

Is the price of 25 Euro in comparision to the 35 MSRP really good? I assume that there were a lot of discounts with a lower price in the past...

11 hours ago, Val-E said:

3-day backorder only. Probably busy making Apollos.

But it does mean their stock is running low. With the increased production capacity now focused on making more Saturn V sets, they might decide to discontinue older Ideas sets prematurely if the demand for those sets just isn't high enough.

5 minutes ago, Haay said:

But it does mean their stock is running low. With the increased production capacity now focused on making more Saturn V sets, they might decide to discontinue older Ideas sets prematurely if the demand for those sets just isn't high enough.

makes sense... but Caterham is not really a good seller and what happens with not good selling Ideas sets you can see looking on Mazes...

makes sense... but Caterham is not really a good seller and what happens with not good selling Ideas sets you can see looking on Mazes...

Caterham in uk only sold at SAH and John Lewis. If it is being discontinued at the end of this year may be a good one to have a few tucked away since it is a good looking build and won't have been widely available and discounted so not overhoarded.

5 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Caterham in uk only sold at SAH and John Lewis. If it is being discontinued at the end of this year may be a good one to have a few tucked away since it is a good looking build and won't have been widely available and discounted so not overhoarded.

The Caterham wasn't sold by any retail store outside LEGO Shop at Home in The Netherlands. The lowest offer on Marktplaats is €75 and going up from there. 

I built one myself and really like the unique eye-catching look of this set. It's definitely a set to keep a few boxes tucked away of, and I'm pretty certain this set will retire by end 2017.

6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

70605 Misfortune´s Keep has been put out of its misery by the 50% sale, Let´s see which turd takes the longest to sell out. I am betting on the Angry Birds car.

I bet the Piggy Pirate Ship (75825) will get out next through this 50% sale.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, feed said:

I've picked up a few at 40%, so it may not be the UK that eats the SAH stock on this one.   

And what do you want to do with them? Build a huge fleet landscape with all the same ships?

When you look on the Angry Birds Movie Sets on BL you will see that for few one or no one set has been sold in the last half year..

Nobody, really nobody wants them...