Retiring Soon - open speculation

Guest TabbyBoy

I still have some SW sets lingering. I'll have to remember to get shot of them as soon as the QFLLs back off and before prices drop again.

Interesting page up at The Brick Fan: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-retiring-soon-direct-to-consumer-sets/

List of D2C to be retired for certain this year:

• 76052 DC Comics Super Heroes Batman Classic TV Series – Batcave
  • 76042 Marvel Super Heroes The SHIELD Helicarrier
  • 75095 Star Wars TIE Fighter
  • 10232 Creator Palace Cinema
  • 71006 The Simpsons House
  • 71016 The KWIK E-Mart

The TIE Fighter is a minor surprise since it skips the 75060 Slave-1 in line. The rest is all as expected.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Haay said:

Interesting page up at The Brick Fan: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-retiring-soon-direct-to-consumer-sets/

• 71016 The KWIK E-Mart

The TIE Fighter is a minor surprise since it skips the 75060 Slave-1 in line. The rest is all as expected.

Can't wait for the major retailers to gift these to us for 30% off at the end of the year again.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Haay said:

• 71016 The KWIK E-Mart

Looks like they did their homework and copy and pasted my predictio from the beginning of the year. Seems they forgot Ninjago ToA and WTS, though.

Looks like they are retiring 5 really poor sellers and the on schedule modular. I will wait until Amazon blows them out for business accounts. Not interested in anything other than PC which should be good for a couple of bucks with a $100 buy in. The sales ranks on the other 5 sets are a disaster at retail, I can only imagine what they will be with the reseller tax slapped on top.

This list is a nightmare... where are neverending stories TB, T1? It is extreme to hold them so long...after london bus coming we have 5 cars !!! I am sitting on dozens of them so long... Also Slave should go, it will reach 3 years in end of year, what is over average for SW. 

19 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

This list is a nightmare... where are neverending stories TB, T1? It is extreme to hold them so long...after london bus coming we have 5 cars !!! I am sitting on dozens of them so long... Also Slave should go, it will reach 3 years in end of year, what is over average for SW. 

TLG likes to retire the slow sellers and keep the popular faster moving sets around for a LONG time. I'd be keeping an eye on Slave 1 at the end of 2018.

Why retire something that sells well? All the hard work (design, licensing) has been done. All they're doing now is moulding plastic and bunging it in a box. Methinks TLG will prioritise their own bottom line over that of resellers
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Poppy2612 said:

Why retire something that sells well? All the hard work (design, licensing) has been done. All they're doing now is moulding plastic and bunging it in a box. Methinks TLG will prioritise their own bottom line over that of resellers

With this logic we would have now 200 exclusive sets on shelves. Every year brings 10 new exclusive sets - some must finnish. Otherwise a cannibalism effect would kill the sale numbers.

4 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I think most people with any knowledge would peg those as sets to retire this year. The source could be just about anyone who reads this site.

The internet is filled with people pretending to have secret information.  That list was predicted a year ago.  Do you want to know the  secret of predicting which sets will retire on time and on schedule?  Read our forums...If there is a thread for a set, it will probably retire later than sooner.  LOL.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dr Jedi said:

I wonder if this year will be the end for the entire Simpsons theme.  I had always held out hope that we'd see that Androids Dungeon set one day.

One would hope so as Simpsons´ House is going to have a modular like lifecycle if it doesn´t.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dr Jedi said:

I wonder if this year will be the end for the entire Simpsons theme.  I had always held out hope that we'd see that Androids Dungeon set one day.

I do believe that it's the end of the line for the Simpsons licence. The big question is whether or not it is worth investing in these two sets...

1 hour ago, Dr Jedi said:

Not just that, but Moe's Tavern, Nuclear Power Plant, School... there are so many options for sets to make. I was hoping we'd see more but we've been sitting on these 2 for a long time... it would be very surprising if they suddenly decided to make more. But I get it... can't imagine new simpson sets would sell well... I don't even think Kwik-E-Mart sells well.

They're 25% off up here north of the border so I finally pulled the trigger.