Retiring Soon - open speculation

13 minutes ago, Poppy2612 said:

I'm assuming you're not living in Ireland like me. If you are - where do you shop?!? Don't get deals like that over here much

No, I´m not. This set was stocked by most large vendors in Spain for Xmas and boy, did they over estimate demand. Little surprise it was shelfwarming in January and reduced to 39 euros. Even then it wasn´t moving, so some shops chose the nuclear option to get rid of them.

They´ll be stuck at 40-50 euros till it retires and for some time after. Same illness, same diagnosis for 70605 Misfortune´s Keep.

Thanks for replies and tips guys, yes I haven't bought RRP since 18 months ago when I started out. Only get marked down Lego now and watch the retailers prices closely.

I took advantage of the Tescos 3 for 2 last year and many other Black Friday deals. It did get to point where wife said WTF lol:) 

Agree about Pet shop and Sandcrawler, they are slow burners and appears lots on eBay. I know the PC and Slave aren't officially going to be retired but again took advantage of May 4th/VIP and other mark downs. 

I've found the Creator 3 in 1 and Technics (small/medium sets) good sellers short term plus Jurassic and Scoobys.

Best purchase I made last year was handful of 10245s with Lego VIP discount, they went like hot cakes at almost double price within 2 months. 

Can't wait for Autumn, just need to treat wife to few gifts in advance:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Probably means nothing, but thought I'd post it anyway.

IMG_1291.PNG

Unfortunately it does. In the UK, backorderable sets always seem to return to realtime stock. The pre-EOL order here is: Out Of Stock > Sold Out > Retired Product.

OMG... Australia is expensive!

21 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

Glitch? Or do you think there's some truth to the retiring soon tag on these sets on the US LEGO Shop at Home?

'Retiring Soon' search on 21 June 2017, US LEGO Shop at Home

The Captain Salazar and Black Widow Brickheadz getting it, along with the Scuttler, would make me think that was possibly a mistake.  

did not realize classic batcave was retiring soon...  friends amusement park space ride also listed...

Edited by cladner

2 hours ago, hockeyweasel said:

Glitch? Or do you think there's some truth to the retiring soon tag on these sets on the US LEGO Shop at Home?

'Retiring Soon' search on 21 June 2017, US LEGO Shop at Home

The Captain Salazar and Black Widow Brickheadz getting it, along with the Scuttler, would make me think that was possibly a mistake.  

I think there is some truth...  I wouldn't be surpised on the Scuttler, since there is 3 other batmobile/wing sets out there.  

Im sort of shocked about the Rogue One Imperial Trooper battle pack.  But it falls in line with last year and the year before where 2 of the 4 battle packs released in the year were retired within a year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Here's a better link for Retiring Soon.

40 items on the list.

No shock about Super Girls as those were already discounted. I imagine a lot of the Batman movie stuff will be done this year too as they seem to be complete shelf warmers. Friends fair theme replaced by the snow sub-theme too.

Regarding large exclusives, ToA and Batcave seem to be going this year and SHIELD, TIE, PC, TB and T1 should follow.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

No shock about Super Girls as those were already discounted. I imagine a lot of the Batman movie stuff will be done this year too as they seem to be complete shelf warmers. Friends fair theme replaced by the snow sub-theme too.

Regarding large exclusives, ToA and Batcave seem to be going this year and SHIELD, TIE, PC, TB and T1 should follow.

I somehow doubt that T1 and TB will go this year as they are superb sellers (John Lewis regularly restock them). The Mini Cooper on the other hand.....

I can't see much interest in the PC now since the PS appears to be a disappointment. My PS's are available at RRP to BP members, don't all PM me at once ;-)

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Yep.  Wave 2 of DCSHG is coming, so no shocker that they're going to get the originals out of circulation.  There's just no shelf space for two waves worth of sets.  No surprise about those Friends Fair sets.  Like you said, Snow theme is coming, again, cycle one Friends sub-theme out with another.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
19 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Modular investment is now a waiting game as the best prices come just before retirement. Now that we get advance warning about retirement it makes no sense to load up  early. TH´s suprise retirement seems a long time ago now.

The FB had advanced warning and has done extremely well. It's now too many cooks.....

2 hours ago, Castle375 said:

Classic Batcave now "retiring" on UK Lego.com

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Batman-Classic-TV-Series-Batcave-76052

Hasn't this been a poor seller?

I saw quite a few in shelves at Smyths last week. Not sure on this one for investment.

I wonder if they will add the others over next week?

I guess it is poor seller in Europe. These batman and heroes sets are risky investment in Europe. Even much better Tumbler has bad performance. The Batcave would be interesting only for 50% discount - but since it is a "prisoner of exklusivity", SAH will not put it to bigger discounts. People from USA or UK would have better chances to catch some discounts.

Edited by fantomas007