Retiring Soon - open speculation

​So what? Did you expect to get away with making that kind of statement without people asking for clarification ?

​Huh? I think some people are reading waaaaay to much into what I was saying.

Someone said Target was a QFLL

Target has been banning resellers.

I made a little joke about them banning resellers to avoid the QFLL competition.

That is all. I never said Target should or should not be marking up prices nor did I ever state that they should or should not be banning resellers. I simply combined two recent Target topics together, trying to relate them in a arguably humorous but clearly farcical way,

OBVIOUSLY Target isn't banning resellers because they see them as QFLL competition.

Edited by mscheaf

Which is why they are banning people. They don't like the competition. Same reason the fed puts mobsters in jail.

​You'd like it more if they didn't?

​And back to topic: Target isn't quick-flipping. There is nothing quick about what they do. They just react to the market, and usually not that fast. They don't buy because they speculate for an imminent shortage. They buy (and sell) even without.

​Huh? I think some people are reading waaaaay to much into what I was saying.

Someone said Target was a QFLL

Target has been banning resellers.

I made a little joke about them banning resellers to avoid the QFLL competition.

That is all. I never said Target should or should not be marking up prices nor did I ever state that they should or should not be banning resellers. I simply combined two recent Target topics together, trying to relate them in a arguably humorous but clearly farcical way,

OBVIOUSLY Target isn't banning resellers because they see them as QFLL competition.

I was referring to your quip about the fed and 10230' subsequent response, NOT your first 2 sentences on Target

​You've put "the feds" and "mobsters" on the same level by calling them "competition". I'd call that judgment (and a bad one, but that is my opinion).

​Not really.  Seeing as how corrupt Government has become there is really no difference between the two. 

​Not really.  Seeing as how corrupt Government has become there is really no difference between the two. 

​I did type a pretty long response to that, but I now erased it for my sanity, and that of the rest of the people reading this thread about LEGO. Let's not go into a political discussion where nobody is likely to convince the other side.

The PR being dropped to 2 is interesting. I did buy one PC earlier 'just in case', to have one. I did enjoy the piece of mind. Now that fear of "missing a set I really want" starts to creep up because of the PR. Could it be? Naaah. But then - what's better, buying it now with the WS and selling that, or waiting for double VIP without promo? Probably now. But then there are other factors - like I could order another PS or PC. A lot of choices with P. I just cannot do all.

• Like 1

I received the Lego catalogue today. It lists Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant, but no Pet Shop. Maybe they plan to sort it out shortly.

​i received a catalogue yesterday and it lists PC, PS, DO but no Parisian Restaurant (well it's in a small picture with many other modular sets but not displayed by itself with sale price like the others).  SH is not listed at all, only KM.

​I did type a pretty long response to that, but I now erased it for my sanity, and that of the rest of the people reading this thread about LEGO. Let's not go into a political discussion where nobody is likely to convince the other side.

​I would love to hear someone explain how our government is not completely corrupt.  Is there a forum here for that?

http://community.brickpicker.com/forum/89-really-non-lego-stuff/

​I would love to hear someone explain how our government is not completely corrupt.  Is there a forum here for that?

http://community.brickpicker.com/forum/89-really-non-lego-stuff/

​No there is not. Political discussions are generally ... well ... not allowed. That forum is for (mostly) less volatile topics like video games, movies, and other stuff that can related to hobbies and such.

• Like 3

​i received a catalogue yesterday and it lists PC, PS, DO but no Parisian Restaurant (well it's in a small picture with many other modular sets but not displayed by itself with sale price like the others).  SH is not listed at all, only KM.

​Not only this, but good ol' TH is in that same photo with PR.  I interpret this to mean that either TH is coming back, or PR is gone for good, because honestly, when has Lego ever been inconsistent about these things?

• Like 1

It seems as though, although Brickpicker users Paladyr and ‌Foxhound each received a Lego catalogue recently, they each give a different story as to which modular buildings are listed or not. In my opinion, something doesn't add up. Is Lego sending different catalogues to different people? Please note, I've never requested a catalogue, nor received one, myself, so I'm new when it comes to Lego catalogues.

Does anybody have any images of the catalogue pages mentioned which illustrate the modular buildings, or could someone perhaps provide me with some explanation as to when new catalogues are produced or likewise?

Edited by BrickDesign

@Foxhound & @‌Jeff Mack

Thanks for providing those images. Now we can compare each catalogue.

From what I can see, each catalogue claims to be the Summer 2015 Lego catalogue, which I well believe is true. The main difference appears to be that each catalogue is designated to a different region in the world.

I would suggest that ‌Foxhound's catalogue was produced for the continent of Europe, Germany in particular as the German language has been used throughout. The use of the Euro also suggests that this catalogue is aimed at the European market.

On the other hand, the catalogue uploaded by Jeff Mack appears to have been produced for use In the USA. Hence, the dollar being used as currency in this catalogue.

Can we come to the conclusion that the production of PS is to be halted in Europe this year? On the contrary, can we wave goodbye to PR from Lego stores in the USA?

My catalog looks like Jeff's.  So LEGO distributes the sets differently between US and EU... surprised? :P

ETA: Btw, what's with leaving Town Hall in that picture ? They could have easily modified that picture

​They probably want people to see what TH is selling for...

@Darth_Raichu & @dcdfan

I'm not sure whether or not you know this already, but that image of the Town Hall, Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant all in a line together is that of the artwork used on the back of the box the PR. I guess Lego took the handy way of doing things and just reused that image.