Retiring Soon - open speculation

No  CITY firestation or Mos Cantina in the 2H15 catalogue. Lack of space or EOL????

It does seem that those that are omitted from the catalogue tend to be "harder" to get, or are near the EOL.  However, I wouldn't set that in stone.  in the Spring 2015 catalog the entire summer 2015 wave except for the imperial star destroyer was missing.  All the winter 2015 sets were in there though.  In the new mag, all the rebel winter wave sets are still there but the movie sets are not there (AAT, Hailfire Droid, etc).  So, I don't think it really has much to do with what is going.  It's more on what is most current.

The bi annual catalogues for Europe and Australia (the one I referred to) don´t contain any exclusives and over the last few years have included sets that sold out to EOL in the same semester (7965, 9493 etc etc). It´s strange that 2 such popular sets are missing - maybe there is just not enough space with all the new themes.

The current CITY Fire Station was introduced in January 2013. They have in the recent past introduced new fire stations every 3 years, so I would expect a new one in January 2016 and set 60004 to retire around that same time.

I have been seeing these on clearance at Walmart recently, which generally means that they will be leaving those shelves in the near future.  I would not be surprised if the current Fire Station retires at the end of the year, after all, there aren't many of the single digit 600xx series City sets left.

Any chance the Jedi Scout Fighter 75051 is on the way out early?  Amazon seems to be running out the last couple of weeks.  Have seen similar things happen with a few of the other Vader box art sets (Jedi Interceptor, etc) but then they come back in full force.

Any chance the Jedi Scout Fighter 75051 is on the way out early?  Amazon seems to be running out the last couple of weeks.  Have seen similar things happen with a few of the other Vader box art sets (Jedi Interceptor, etc) but then they come back in full force.

My personal opinion is they won't have another run on the JSF, but that makes sense, which is probably why I'll be wrong.

My personal opinion is they won't have another run on the JSF, but that makes sense, which is probably why I'll be wrong.

With all the sets slated for 2015 and particularly the new movie, I think anything from 2014 has potential to drop off this year.  The AT-AT is really the only set I might bet on being around awhile. 

With all the sets slated for 2015 and particularly the new movie, I think anything from 2014 has potential to drop off this year.  The AT-AT is really the only set I might bet on being around awhile. 

It's usually safe to bet that sets from year X will be effectively retired (unavailable through mainstream retailers) by the end of year X+1.  Notable exceptions would be the 'eternal' SW sets like X-wing and MF.  These often last for more than two years, I assume because Lego wants to have a fairly seamless transition from one remake to the next.  The current gap between 7965 and its replacement is an unexpected gift to resellers.

Exo Suit now retired but  number of sets that were retired yesterday are now call to check e.g. Benny´s Spaceship and Ultra Agents HQ.

Bennys Spaceship "sold out" again.

Just called to place an order and Hotline said that the status switch was just a glitch. No more Spaceships left...

Edited by jensen-button