Retiring Soon - open speculation

Pet Shop got another restock to ~1750 units. I think we (at least, those who live in Europe) have to wait longer than expected. Besides speculation about exclusive or high price sets: Ninjago Wave 2014 is nearly gone. Yesterday, 70727 Ninja-Supercar became unavailable at LEGO Shop at Home.de They stated: "Please call us for availability".

Pet Shop got another restock to ~1750 units. I think we (at least, those who live in Europe) have to wait longer than expected. Besides speculation about exclusive or high price sets: Ninjago Wave 2014 is nearly gone. Yesterday, 70727 Ninja-Supercar became unavailable at LEGO Shop at Home.de They stated: "Please call us for availability".

Oh well. Prediction is around August anyhow, in line with most of the recent modulars. We will see I guess. 

​How are we able to ascertain what stock levels are?

What's a better buy at 25% off? Mos cantina or Jabba sail barge?

​At this point Jabba's Sail Barge is my opinion.  IT is retired and gone.  Cantina will still be around and you have better chanced of getting that under 25% off in the future.  (IMHO) 

ToO is probably done.  Talked with Lego folks at store today and they are not expecting any more in the retail locations.  They are probably going to do one last run for on-line orders and maybe ship some to the larger retail locations but as Hobbit sets dry up the Tower will also see tis end.

I am sure this has been discussed somewhere, but how often are Targets higher prices a sign of EOL? Am I remembering right that they raised the price on the DS, which of course is now back down to 400. I am wondering because of their higher prices on the TB and the Red 5.

Is it possible to get dates of expected product retirement from the LEGO group? It shouldn't be a confidential information I guess.

Is it possible? Sure. Is it reliable? Nope. The fat lady will take the stage when she dang well pleases, and when you see her grab the mic, that's when you know for sure that a set is retiring.

I am sure this has been discussed somewhere, but how often are Targets higher prices a sign of EOL? Am I remembering right that they raised the price on the DS, which of course is now back down to 400. I am wondering because of their higher prices on the TB and the Red 5.

​Target gouging seems to be related fairly directly to scarcity, which may or may not be related to imminent "sold out" status. EOL, as we are mostly all aware by now, comes much later when the higher Target prices are actually justified, but then there is no stock left anyway.

It seems clear to me that they are the ultimate QFLL (quick flipping low-life) these days.

Is it possible to get dates of expected product retirement from the LEGO group? It shouldn't be a confidential information I guess.

​They have a retiring soon section. As far as being "confidential", they pretty much have the right to do whatever they want with their product.

​Which is why they are banning people. They don't like the competition. Same reason the fed puts mobsters in jail.

​You'd like it more if they didn't?

​And back to topic: Target isn't quick-flipping. There is nothing quick about what they do. They just react to the market, and usually not that fast. They don't buy because they speculate for an imminent shortage. They buy (and sell) even without.

​Huh? I don't recall making a judgement call one way or the other.

​You've put "the feds" and "mobsters" on the same level by calling them "competition". I'd call that judgment (and a bad one, but that is my opinion).

• Like 2

​They have a retiring soon section. As far as being "confidential", they pretty much have the right to do whatever they want with their product.

​So, is it always that item goes to retiring soon before the retirement, or sometimes it happens suddenly?

What do you think about lego modular buildings, like pet shop and cinema, what are the chances for the soon retirement?