Retiring Soon - open speculation

@Darth_Raichu & @dcdfan

I'm not sure whether or not you know this already, but that image of the Town Hall, Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant all in a line together is that of the artwork used on the back of the box the PR. I guess Lego took the handy way of doing things and just reused that image.

​They could have copied and pasted the artwork from the back of DO just as easily :) 

Notable missing sets today at Downtown Disney Orlando - SOH, TOO, PC, MTT, Red 5, Simpson's House.  They had a Pet Shop on the shelf, but not sure how many more were in the back.  The had plenty Ecto-1s, Jurassic World was flying off the shelves, and I saw people checking out with Death Stars, Tumblers, and Slave 1s.  I don't make it to LEGO Store often, so I pay attention while I'm there. I left with another Ecto-1, some S4 mixels, Winter Soldier, and a few Simpson's S2 minifigs.  It's the first time I saw the box for the UCS Tie Fighter in-person and it's very impressive.  They had a Ferris Wheel on display, ooga ooga!!!

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 3

Legoland Florida report - Clearance shop has plenty Jedi Cruiser 30% off, 4630 1000 brick box 30% off, Thankgiving Turkey $7.98 and a bunch of Chima sets like Razar and Scorpion Stinger for 30% off.

Series 2 mixels all over the park

Brainiac Attack was missing from both Legoland and Downtown Disney Lego Store

Notables at Legoland - 2x Tower of Orthanc at Studio Store, 1 PC at Brick Store 12R5 date code, Pet Shops at every store, SOH seems to be available there, No Simpson's House to be found, but plenty of Kwik-E-Mart.  (will Simpson's House get a restock or not?)  Plenty of MTT to go around.  They had some Ice Breakers in the City Race Shop and not the Big Store. 

Legoland Florida report - Clearance shop has plenty Jedi Cruiser 30% off, 4630 1000 brick box 30% off, Thankgiving Turkey $7.98 and a bunch of Chima sets like Razar and Scorpion Stinger for 30% off.

Series 2 mixels all over the park

Brainiac Attack was missing from both Legoland and Downtown Disney Lego Store

Notables at Legoland - 2x Tower of Orthanc at Studio Store, 1 PC at Brick Store 12R5 date code, Pet Shops at every store, SOH seems to be available there, No Simpson's House to be found, but plenty of Kwik-E-Mart.  (will Simpson's House get a restock or not?)  Plenty of MTT to go around.  They had some Ice Breakers in the City Race Shop and not the Big Store. 

​Did you visit the DT Disney store? Occasionally they have some recently retired stuff in stock as well. 

How I miss living 10 minutes from the place..

​Did you visit the DT Disney store? Occasionally they have some recently retired stuff in stock as well. 

How I miss living 10 minutes from the place..

​Yes, here's my report from the other day.

Also at Legoland, FL, I didn't see any Red 5, but they did have plenty of PEE.

​Yes, here's my report from the other day.

Also at Legoland, FL, I didn't see any Red 5, but they did have plenty of PEE.

​yes there PEE knows no bounds there

missed you by a few days, gotta pick up some stuff this weekend

Edited by ravenb99
edit

Exciter thank you for the updates.  Love to hear field reports.

​I really wish we'd see more reports on here, especially for folks who know they won't return to their visited locales anytime soon.  There's nothing wrong with providing availability reports.

• Like 2

​yes there PEE knows no bounds there

missed you by a few days, gotta pick up some stuff this weekend

​I noticed the cool LOTR keychain selection.  I was tempted to pick-up some, but I passed.  Let's just call it the "when I snuck away to use the restroom, the wife didn't realize I visited the clearance store as well".  I didn't have the gumption to visit there again to pick-up a few, with a big dark cloud looming and it was close to closing time.

• Like 3

​I noticed the cool LOTR keychain selection.  I was tempted to pick-up some, but I passed.  Let's just call it the "when I snuck away to use the restroom, the wife didn't realize I visited the clearance store as well".  I didn't have the gumption to visit there again to pick-up a few, with a big dark cloud looming and it was close to closing time.

​yeah last summer it was all the old SW keychains.  1.48 a piece.  Picked up some of the LOTR but not as good sellers as the others. 

Had a bunch of POTC Jack Sparrow ones too.

yep don't want to mess with those dark looming clouds there , can get ugly quick.  

​I really wish we'd see more reports on here, especially for folks who know they won't return to their visited locales anytime soon.  There's nothing wrong with providing availability reports.

​I agree. It's much appreciated and good to know in general for all of us.

I'm going to Disneyworld for the first time in November. Even if I see good stuff, I don't think I'll be able to buy anything as we're going straight to a Disney cruise right after. I wonder if the stores can ship for a fee?

​I agree. It's much appreciated and good to know in general for all of us.

I'm going to Disneyworld for the first time in November. Even if I see good stuff, I don't think I'll be able to buy anything as we're going straight to a Disney cruise right after. I wonder if the stores can ship for a fee?

​I've heard before the Downtown Disney store will ship for free, but I've never tried it myself.

• Like 1