Retiring Soon - open speculation

​We just did this same exact exercise yesterday...Placing the same question in a different thread doesn't make it a new question...

​LOL! I thought I moved a similar one like this yesterday!!!

Dude, take it to the "What to buy" thread, that's what it's for...  Risky risky, I have my finger on the delete key.

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 2

So lets recap on the rumor mill on retiring soon...

TB
PS
PC
Red5
EW
DS
ToO

anyone think a big retirement party (may not be official tag slap, but complete dry up from major retail channels) end of Q3/Q4 2015? If so, which sets are you placing your money on?

​Non exclusive sets from a few other lines that I think are heading out sooner rather than later:

Mos Eisley Cantina
B-Wing
MTT
Whats still left in the 2014 SW Winter Wave
UN Building
Imperial Hotel
Dolguldur Battle
Mirkwood Elf Army

TB
PS
PC
Red5
EW
DS
ToO

anyone think a big retirement party (may not be official tag slap, but complete dry up from major retail channels) end of Q3/Q4 2015? If so, which sets are you placing your money on?

​At the end of June I will review my prediction table which is pretty much 0% accurate so far. LEGO will either have to go or get off the pot on ToO retirement but the rest all seem to be aroud till Autumn.

I think Tower Bridge and Red5 are done.  They haven't had any significant restocks in months at any of the retailers, and they have sat at "OOS will ship in 30 days" for a while now.  The same deal with the Tower of Orthanc - it's looking done.  You may still find some of those sets in lego B&M shops, and at higher that retail price online at target, or in some large TRU store at inflated retail costs, but other than that these sets are looking like toast. Pet Shop and Palace Cinema are behaving similar to how those sets came in and out of stock a few months ago, so my bet is they have a few months to go, but they seem like they are on shakier ground as time goes on.  EV, & DS are more than likely going to be around for a while.  You can still get those at all the other retail outlets at retail price.

TB
PS
PC
Red5
EW
DS
ToO

​Simpson's House?

​Simpson's House?

​Heads says it's the cornerstone of a Simpsons line, it's Death Star if you will and it's around for years, tails says it needs to go away to make shelf space for the Kwik-E-Mart.

Flip away.

According to Brickset it hasn't been restocked in the three months they've been recording, might indicate it's on the way out. Very steady regular sales too, pretty straight line graph.

Any thoughts on 10241 it seems to me it doesn't seem to be to popular ? EOL? 

​Like the above poster, Lego officially put the "retiring soon" label on this set and bumed the limit at one time from 2 to 5 to move inventory. As previously discussed this set will do well in certain markets like the EU but may not do so well in the US market. Still a cool set to have kicking around the house tho.

R5 and Death Star are currently out of stock since May, 4th (I ignore that little R5 restock by about 75 units) at Lego.de. and will ship in a month. Intervals between out of stock situation and shipping date are getting bigger and bigger. This year will definitely be an expensive year...

​I agree.  Some non-exclusives could be better bets than some exclusives.  I definitely think some of those on that list I put out could very well be 3x in the coming years and i've been spending quite a few bucks on each over the last month trying to get a few here and there.  The Cantinas have dwindled around my area too, just in the last week via target stock tracker, i've seen them go from about 25 to currently 11.  I'm not going to screw around and wait on that one, even if there could be another minor restock on this one.  During the May the 4th event you could get them for 44.00, and now they are at 53 at both walmart and target.  Something tells me the chance of seeing this one at lower discounts that that is going to be a crap shoot, because in stores they are still at 69.99, but the stock is getting lower by the weeks.  And a week from now, we'll have 5 more SW sets released in stores, which will take precedence over the 2014 summer waves.  Meanwhile on Amazon they are already at 80.00, and they are out of stock online at all retail outlets, other than TRU.  Same goes for the MTT and UN Building.  Going going gone.

Edited by fossilrock

I just found a bunch of mixels series four at my local Walmart, Do I buy them all? 

​Series 4 is on sale 20% at SAH right now (lego.com). They're still relatively easy to obtain in Canada. Red/blue a bit more difficult. Green has some nice gold and clear pieces though. I'd pick em up if they're more than 20% off.

Edited by Brickson