Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm probably out of the loop on this set, but is there any evidence that there will be another production run of it? I'd like to have one at retail for my collection and another to give my poor college friend who loves both all things LEGO and space.

It's "SOLD OUT" not "RETIRED" for a very long time so, it' "could" be back I think where I'll restock.  I've now sold another 40 for

i'm trying to understand why you would sell 40 of these now, where you could potentially sell them for twice as much in 6 months?

A person who will get rid of competitors will say you that you should sell it now because of new production run. I say you, don't do it...

(And I have 101 of them....)

I sold one for twice retail and then bought one for twice retail.

If I get more, great, if not, I have one.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I have none. I missed them when they were actually available, whenever that tiny window was. I want one just for my collection, NOT for investing. Should I buy now or should I wait for a new run? Essentially I'm really hoping for a new run at this point so I can attain one at retail price just to have one. I'm not too excited at paying $70 just to have one. I'm even less excited about paying even more if they never have another production run. There has been no consistency with these CUUSO/Ideas sets as far as production and it's kind of driving me nuts.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I have none. I missed them when they were actually available, whenever that tiny window was. I want one just for my collection, NOT for investing. Should I buy now or should I wait for a new run? Essentially I'm really hoping for a new run at this point so I can attain one at retail price just to have one. I'm not too excited at paying $70 just to have one. I'm even less excited about paying even more if they never have another production run. There has been no consistency with these CUUSO/Ideas sets as far as production and it's kind of driving me nuts.

You should get one now doubt it's coming back.

I have 1 of these.  You guys internationally that have scored these in such great quantities should consider yourselves very fortunate.  The limit through LEGO Shop at Home in the U.S. has always been 1 I believe and even the TRU listings were 1 or 2 per person.  This one has not been easy to acquire in multiples at retail price. 

If it's just ONE you need for a friend I would buy it now. 

I have a quite a few in my inventory so really hoping this set is DONE :)  I would love to cut my inventory in half actually...less risk as a small time reseller.  If there's another production run than my inventory will be sitting for a long, long time.  I think what Tabby is doing is smart...make some guaranteed profit now, just incase it does come back.  Save a few for long term.     

I have 1 of these.  You guys internationally that have scored these in such great quantities should consider yourselves very fortunate.  The limit through LEGO Shop at Home in the U.S. has always been 1 I believe and even the TRU listings were 1 or 2 per person.  This one has not been easy to acquire in multiples at retail price. 

TRU had no limit for a day. I had 50 ready to check out but I chickened out, was not convinced it would be gone so fast. I did end up with 10 but man I missed out there.