Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

When/if the Rover becomes the first thing to positively identify existing or signs of once existing alien life (any kind).. this set will go through the roof. Wish I had more.

Who all carries it in a brick & mortar store besides Lego store?

If existing alien life is found, lego is the least thing we will have to worry about. Going to go to Walmart to load up on ammo and tin foil...

• Like 2

If existing alien life is found, lego is the least thing we will have to worry about. Going to go to Walmart to load up on ammo and tin foil...

Depending on where you are located, those two things are harder to get at Walmart than $4.97 Emerald Express :D

ETA: Plus, everyone knows you need to stock up on water in case of invasions

It's not carried in any B&M store, even LEGO stores, except maybe the discovery centers.

I wasn't sure. No Lego store in my area. Was hoping that TRU had them in store as well, since they sold on eBay. But now I know. That sucks. I was only able to get 2 of them at 29.99.

Depending on where you are located, those two things are harder to get at Walmart than $4.97 Emerald Express :D

ETA: Plus, everyone knows you need to stock up on water in case of invasions

LMAO

• Like 1

When/if the Rover becomes the first thing to positively identify existing or signs of once existing alien life (any kind).. this set will go through the roof. Wish I had more.

Who all carries it in a brick & mortar store besides Lego store?

I was surprised to see it as well, but the guy running the place said they're one of only 30 or so stores in the US that get the Cuusoo sets.

It's not carried in any B&M store, even LEGO stores, except maybe the discovery centers.

I was surprised to see them, too. The guy who runs the joint said they're one of only 30 or so B&M places that carry the Cuusoo sets. 

Get them all - NOW !!!

Well now you've got me all anxious. Maybe I'll go down there tonight and nab them.

Nabbed the last three Rovers, bringing the total to 13 that I got from that b&m store. The owner/manager scratched his head and told me he thinks the Delorean will retire first because they aren't getting any more shipments and because the Rover is so new. I'm filing it under "Opinions from store owners that don't necessarily mean jack".

Next time I'm there, I'll sneak a picture of their Lego shelves so you can see that this hole-in-the-wall B&M place really does carry the Cuusoo sets

Nabbed the last three Rovers, bringing the total to 13 that I got from that b&m store. The owner/manager scratched his head and told me he thinks the Delorean will retire first because they aren't getting any more shipments and because the Rover is so new. I'm filing it under "Opinions from store owners that don't necessarily mean jack".

Next time I'm there, I'll sneak a picture of their Lego shelves so you can see that this hole-in-the-wall B&M place really does carry the Cuusoo sets

Lego cs says they retired about a month ago and s and **** doesn't show up on search

I've never heard of a case where a set actually disappears from LEGO's website...http://shop.lego.com/en-US/NASA-Mars-Science-Laboratory-Curiosity-Rover-21104. Was your post a response to something I missed, or are you pointing it out. Also, I wouldn't take LEGO CS too seriously... 

Edited by comicblast

Nabbed the last three Rovers, bringing the total to 13 that I got from that b&m store. The owner/manager scratched his head and told me he thinks the Delorean will retire first because they aren't getting any more shipments and because the Rover is so new. I'm filing it under "Opinions from store owners that don't necessarily mean jack".

I wouldn't mind this retiring since I have 6 of them sitting here. I still can't decide whether I want one or not. I like the Mars Rover, but if this ends up being a $150 set I am not sure I would have wanted to open it. lol.

You could always open one, build it, and sell it used. If the set becomes a $150 set, a used version, would go for at least $75.