Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

I've never seen an item labeled "sold out" come back. But that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

It just doesn't seem very logical to me for LEGO to quickly discontinue a set which came to be due to its popularity with fans (oh yeah, and the guy who originally designed it...that's kind of important to its existence, too).  And it obviously sells well, at least in North America.

I've never seen an item labeled "sold out" come back. But that's just me.

Architecture Studio, I'd bet there are others.

Minifigures Series 9 is one I remember fondly. Sold out three months after their original release with the "Retiring Soon" tag as well and still they came back.

Guest TabbyBoy

Fair play to you for hammering into these hard. I didn't see the interest in this set nor did I see it going so soon. You should make a killing on these

The reasons I bought a lot is that

A local toy store has a whole shelf of them for $38 USD which surprises me, because this store is notorious for jacking up their prices mercilessly. (BttF is $50 on the same shelf). I picked up a couple to flip, but am considering snapping up some more before they get wise and bump the prices up. Any opinions?

I bought another one yesterday for 36 euro. Was the last one in this unofficial lego store. I was happy it was still there. I am 99% sure it will not come back. Due to my experience of last week there is no other conclusion for me. As I cannot go into details about this experience. People should make their own conclusions. For me, when I see them in the wild, I will buy them all without a doubt. When I am right, this will be a big winner!