Jump to content

Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm 99% sure the Curiosity rover is gone for good.  I've checked with the powers responsible multiple times, just to be sure.  The remaining 1% uncertainty is just a result of my own naive hope, becau

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!?!? I GO HOME FOR LUNCH FOR 30 FREAKING MINUTES AND MISS IT!

  Still banging the $150 drum by Christmas I see. Considering they're selling for around $80 at the moment I'd say doubling in five months sounds like a tall order.

Posted Images

with this selection, i would bet we'll be getting a redesigned sandcrawler sometime before 2016.  this is one of the few (if not the only ) iconic star wars vehicles that hasn't had a designed.  if we do get a redesigned sandcrawler, it will most likely be a non-UCS one.

 

http://blog.lego.cuusoo.com/2013/06/14/results-fall-2012-lego-review/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised with the result.  The Mars Rover looks like a set that is easy to produce, has no license fees (I don't think they'll have to pay NASA?), and will be at a reasonable price point.  I like the educational and science awareness aspect as well, this pushes all the right buttons for Lego as a brand.

 

I would have liked the Sandcrawler too, but it was never going to happen.  Too big, too pricey, too risky.  Plus I think the sandcrawler we already have is a pretty good depiction of the vehicle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

It has already made it.  Not sure what the next steps are for a production, if any.  If anything, it would be nice if there was a pdf of directions to make your own if Lego does not pick it up.  

 

After reading this:

 

http://blog.lego.cuusoo.com/2013/06/14/results-fall-2012-lego-review/

 

I am even more confused about the review process and if Lego reviewed it and ok'd it, or if it's still in the process.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All systems go for the Mars Curiosity Rover. They are in design/production right now. I would guess it will be available for retail sometime in the next 4-6 months.

I wonder if the set would be available before Christmas. From now until Christmas would be exactly four months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

That is a killer box design.  I don't think they could have done any better with it.  Simply stunning. 

 

The set looks great too - I think they hit a home run with the color scheme.  I will be grabbing one for the personal collection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is available now (27th December) on Lego UK site so presumably it's in their stores too.

 

None on ebay so if anyone here lives near a bricks and mortar store you might be able to flip some for people that can't wait till 1st Jan worldwide??

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived today, not sure if I should keep or flip. Suggestions?

I think you should keep it. The US LEGO Shop at Home shows that the set will ship in about two weeks, but there may be some impatient buyers on eBay who want that set right away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

This set is now sold out with a ship date of March 26th, and that date just keeps getting pushed back. I bought one for my own collection but wonder what's going to happen over the next couple months.

 

Mine said March something and then I got it last week. Put it up on Ebay and it immediately sold for double what I paid to it... internationally so free shipping doesn't apply. Worked out nicely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...