Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

So let me ask the next logical question:  For the members who think this will be a highly sought after limited production set, what is stopping you from offering say $70 to everyone who wants to sell their copy right now ?  If the set's future valuation is $140, there is still quite a profit margin left on the table.  This would be similar to what the-one-who-shall-not-be-named-from-UK did with 41999.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I have a few 21104 in my possession to do as I wish

Guest TabbyBoy

So let me ask the next logical question:  For the members who think this will be a highly sought after limited production set, what is stopping you from offering say $70 to everyone who wants to sell their copy right now ?  If the set's future valuation is $140, there is still quite a profit margin left on the table.  This would be similar to what the-one-who-shall-not-be-named-from-UK did with 41999.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I have a few 21104 in my possession to do as I wish

Yes, the poor guy is stuck with loads of 41999s that may never again be worth as much as he paid. That's why my personal golden rule is to NEVER pay over RRP for anything.

This makes me curious if they will bring it back. We`ve seen it before, very limited quantities go very fast, but only time will tell if this will be the case here. If they really are so concerned about the "fans" why do this? Why not produce a larger quantity? Especially for a CUUSOO project. Of course I expected it to sell quick, but not 27 days into available. Was thinking more along the lines of 5-6months. Anyway, here I am caught with my pants down without one  :laugh:  Guess I`ll order one off ebay .