Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

Managed to get a total of 6 of them so far. I sold 1 a while ago locally for $100 when they came back in stock thinking they'd be around for much longer. And i figured i should get rid of most of them before consumers start realizing they are back in stock.

Once they sold out a second time i pulled my listings. Time to wait and see what happens :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And we are still at sold out status. 

With how rare the set currently is I wish a couple of sellers on ebay would stop killing the market pricing these things so low.

I wouldn't worry about it - If its really gone then it will rise in price either way.

If you are selling now, you are losing potential money. Unless you are sure its coming back.

I wouldn't worry about it - If its really gone then it will rise in price either way.

If you are selling now, you are losing potential money. Unless you are sure its coming back.

And that's the problem, it comes back we are losing a fair amount of money not selling, if it is gone we are losing a bunch of money by selling. Thats why I would like people to stop listing these for 60ish shipped.

With how rare the set currently is I wish a couple of sellers on ebay would stop killing the market pricing these things so low.

Problem: Set is rare, but ebayers are selling them too low.

Solution: Buy them.

• Like 1

So, there are a boat load at MCO (Orlando) airport at the science shop. They are $49.99, which is a little cheeky. . Was so tempted to buy some but, but I'd already picked up a couple at 29.99 through lego shop, I'd rather find value elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

On ebay Germany they start at 80 euro. So here people appreciate the value better.

If I were on vacation in Florida now I would definitely buy them all. The only problem is to ship them home!

They are done for sure. Now just wait till the general public learns about it.

There are listed only 7 sellers for that set. From 88.88 to 120 EUR. That is to much money for this little set with 295 pcs. And this NASA theme has, in my opinion, not that much interest, as it has in the US. So i think, the highest price, that people are willing to pay, for this in europe is not more than 60 EUR.

This is the way the market is going, you've got to wait it out. There are many many investors that are happy for a couple of Bucks/pounds per item.

There are listed only 7 sellers for that set. From 88.88 to 120 EUR. That is to much money for this little set with 295 pcs. And this NASA theme has, in my opinion, not that much interest, as it has in the US. So i think, the highest price, that people are willing to pay, for this in europe is not more than 60 EUR.

You are wrong, as I have explained in another thread here, Mars Rover is a coproduction of NASA and ESA (European Space Agency). Therefore also Europeans are interesting in this set. Beside this it is a CUUSOO set and everyone who collects this line will have also to buy this one.

And you are also wrong with the 60 Euro. Last Rovers heve been sold at 70+ in Europe, over one week ago...

The current price seems to be to high in Europe at the moment. But I'm pretty sure that it will be around 100 Euro in two months.

As an example have a look on Hayabusa, this is not really known but the most poeple out of Asia/Japan and one year after it has been sold out the prices are over 100 Euro in Europe.

Mauro

As we talked, we will see. :)

Yes, we do. :-)

But to all other here:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Lego-21100-Regokuso-Shinkai-6500-Submarine-From-Japan-Hard-To-Find-/261471565222?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Building_Toys&hash=item3ce0eb75a6

This is the cheapest one at the moment... And now??? ;-)

This Regokuso Shinkai 6500 Submarine From Japan was the first CUUSOO set and also not really interesting to the people out of Asia. But it seems to have been a good investment buying it at retail price 3 years ago... ;-)

Mauro

I have strong believes in this set. I just was wondering what you think will be the ceiling on this one. I think at xmas, when all low-sellers are gone it will be scarce and the value will be at 100 euro easy.

I agree there are sets which are more wanted but I think this one will become more scarce. So less competition. Except the person here on the forum who owns 100 of these! He is my hero already. Takes alot of guts to go in on this set so large.