Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

Well I just bit the bullet and bought one for $65 for my own build. I've been waiting to get one for retail, but the possibility of that is looking more unlikely.

That stinks having to pay that much but on the positive side, it is a cool build and looks good on display.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

LEGO knew exactly what they were doing.  They said in their catalog it was a "limited" set.  I never saw that before.  It was indeed limited and many people ignored their "hint."  Wait till you see what happens the next time LEGO marks something as "limited."  People are going to go bonkers and buy mass quantities of sets, even if it is not limited in numbers.  They planted a seed...

Here's a limited set for ya:  It's a TRAP!!!!

7754-1500x1500.jpg

Ya that one sucks...Only thing going for it is the minifigures. Everything else is pretty much Lego trash in terms of display and playability. Same with that awful Palpatine Arrest set. Horrible. 

Thankfully the Rover is nothing like either of those. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Retired on UK site as well

I'd better start rubbing my hands together then!  I think they hold off stating "Retired Product" until all back-orders are fulfilled.  I only had my last one delivered a week ago!

Great ROI for those that wait to sell. See how high it hits come Xmas. 

Price starts at 75 euro excl. shipping on ebay germany. I also think it will go to > 150

That`s very likely, fantastic return for a set with no minifigures. Hell, that would be great for any set.