Ideas #005: 21104 - NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

Etan

$75 has been the lowest price BIN or Auction in the USA since 6/21 with no more then 39 total listings. Looking for this set to hit $180 with free shipping by Xmas.

I just picked up 4 sealed cases from Denmark in a trade with a Forum member and have never seen one listed in the USA not sure if they will be worth more to a collector

Yes, I'm hoping this will be indemand too and get the retired label soon.  I have a few sealed cases as Pseudoty mentioned :)  For a small price point, 2x retail price appreciation in less than 12 months is good enough for me.  But I'll be sure to save 9-12 sets (3-4 sealed cases) in the event it becomes $150-$200 each set optimistically. 

That Canadian retailer with a limit of one and $28 shipping is looking better all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

That Canadian retailer still has the set listed but 'sorry this item is currently out of stock'...probably won't be back, which is a good thing for some of us with a few sets stashed away. 

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm stubborn and it's against the wiring in my cerebrum to pay over RRP for anything.  If I miss the boat, I'll just wait for the next one that looks promising which is the 21109 ExoSuit in this case.  I missed the boat on the 21103 and glad I did as it's a crap set IMHO.

Guest TabbyBoy

I bought 12 @ $50 shipped. I hesitated but seeing how prices are rising daily I'm happy with that

Well done, you'll double your money shortly.

I've got 7 at $42 each and 8 at $36 each thanks to NMM if memory servers and the Toys R Us random amount that appeared and went in less than 30 minutes.  15 total.  My only regret is I sold 8 off at $65 each to hedge my inventory bets.  I plan on holding the 15 until it reaches $150, guessing about Christmas.