The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Are there any Lego movie sets out there that people are truly excited about?  I picked up a bunch of 70808 back in January.  I'm a little luke warm on the sea cow.  I think the retro space ship coming out is interesting and the big construction machine that Emmet uses at the end might be a winner.  Other than that there is not much else that raises my eyebrow.

Are there any Lego movie sets out there that people are truly excited about?  I picked up a bunch of 70808 back in January.  I'm a little luke warm on the sea cow.  I think the retro space ship coming out is interesting and the big construction machine that Emmet uses at the end might be a winner.  Other than that there is not much else that raises my eyebrow.

Benny's spaceship is going to be a winner, for sure.  You will have collectors and builders young and old clamoring for that ship.  It seems the Cloud Cookoo Palace is the rarest of the first sets coming out.  I don't know if it was shorter printed or just selling better, but you can't find it in stores here.  I'm glad I found a few of them a few weeks ago.

It seems the Cloud Cookoo Palace is the rarest of the first sets coming out.  I don't know if it was shorter printed or just selling better, but you can't find it in stores here.  I'm glad I found a few of them a few weeks ago.

A small set with three of the main characters plus an exclusive robot and colorful parts all for $20 making it relatively easy for any childs allowance to purchase on a whim? Yeah, I would say it is selling very well much like I thought it would. I ended up paying retail but I am so glad to already almost have a complete collection of The Lego Movie sets. :biggrin:

It's hard to keep up with every thread on the forums, but I haven't seen anyone post about the announced 2017 release date for the sequel.

This makes me think the movie sets will either:

1) have a late 2016 EOL for the bigger sets

And/or

2) There will be more sets released from this movie in 2015 and 2016. They do have a history of releasing sets from movies no longer in theaters (SW, LOTR, etc.).

Aaaaannd discuss...

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I saw the LEGO movie and thought it was great.  I heard that there was going to be a sequel considering how well it did in its opening weekend.  It was highly entertaining, I just wish they incorporated more of the different themes (Castle, Space, Marvel, etc.) in it to further market their entire line of products.  Overall tho, definitely fun family entertainment.

Liam Neeson was also Qui Gon Jinn. (once in a Star Wars movie will always be type casted such as Harrison Ford will always be Han Solo ect...)

Actually, I associate Liam Neeson from Taken and Taken 2, but probably only because I really love those movies, and he is the lead.  I don't consider Samuel Jackson as Mace Windu all the time, I think it more or less just depends on whether they got their big break with the Star Wars franchise or not (i.e. Mark Hamill).

Guest TabbyBoy

I went to see the movie but, had diarrhoea as soon as the adverts finished.  After spending over 30min in the tiled room, I decided to walk straight home in the rain as I was gagging for fresh air.  That's the last time, I'll go to a kebab van before the cinema!  I had a refund when I asked on the way out and I still plan to see it soon.  If I miss the showing, I will get the BluRay when it comes out.  I'm holding off buying these sets until I see the movie so I can make up my mind as to what's the best set(s) to buy.

I went to see the movie but, had diarrhoea as soon as the adverts finished. After spending over 30min in the tiled room, I decided to walk straight home in the rain as I was gagging for fresh air. That's the last time, I'll go to a kebab van before the cinema! I had a refund when I asked on the way out and I still plan to see it soon. If I miss the showing, I will get the BluRay when it comes out. I'm holding off buying these sets until I see the movie so I can make up my mind as to what's the best set(s) to buy.

Thank you for sharing that................I think.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• Like 2

I went to see the movie but, had diarrhoea as soon as the adverts finished.  After spending over 30min in the tiled room, I decided to walk straight home in the rain as I was gagging for fresh air.  That's the last time, I'll go to a kebab van before the cinema!  I had a refund when I asked on the way out and I still plan to see it soon.  If I miss the showing, I will get the BluRay when it comes out.  I'm holding off buying these sets until I see the movie so I can make up my mind as to what's the best set(s) to buy.

I'm now rethinking my lunch plans.

• Like 2

Anyone else notice the "oops" in the countdown near the end. Emmet freaks out when the computer shows 34 seconds left. We then hear the female computer voice continue the countdown. When she gets to 30, she starts again at 39, 38, 37, etc. (At least it SURE sounds like it, but I am old and my hearing may be going). Someone should have caught this!

I don't consider Samuel Jackson as Mace Windu all the time, I think it more or less just depends on whether they got their big break with the Star Wars franchise or not (i.e. Mark Hamill).

Whenever I see or hear Samuel Jackson, this is the first thing that comes to mind. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wEnb9yIoes

I went to see the movie but, had diarrhoea as soon as the adverts finished.  After spending over 30min in the tiled room, I decided to walk straight home in the rain as I was gagging for fresh air.  That's the last time, I'll go to a kebab van before the cinema!

Explosive diarrhea, eh? Phew, that's never fun. Hopefully it wasn't this bad.

:devil: :rofl:

• Like 1

People must love Benny.  All of the classic space dudes are going for $15 or more on EBay right now.

I noticed that too.  (Cause my son loves Benny and I was going to buy one).  His goofy face really completes him though so I will just buy a set that he is included in...which I believe are only the Spaceship and Sea Cow. 

This is something unusual for LEGO. They have never made a movie, and make sets directly related to that movie. They have made sets and then made films based on them (Bionicle movies, mostly). This promotes the questions of 1. Will the sets stick around longer to promote this movie and the sequel. 2. remakes?

Concerning question 1, The LEGO Movie is just getting started. It's only been in the theater about 3 weeks, and it still has the DVD/Blu-Ray release, and TV showings. If they want to keep it alive, wouldn't it make sense to keep the sets alive as well? The LEGO Movie Collectible Minifigures are listed as "Sold Out" right now. If they are brought back, I think that means they WILL stick around longer. If they don't, we can probably expect a normal life span and EOL for the rest of the theme.

About question 2, would it be possible to make remakes of The LEGO Movie sets? The issue is that they can't really be improved upon because they were already made from LEGO, in a realistic way. And for the most part, the sets are DIRECT adaptations of the film. They could supposedly change out the figures or what secondary items are included in the sets, but they can't really improve them.

So if they won't make remakes, will the sets survive longer than others?

Besides LEGO, there is still quite a bit of merchandise out there that looks good, but it's also starting to look like it might sell, such as the McDonald's TLM cups. Then there's the video game, but not as much so because video games are no good without a console, and in a few years the available game platforms may become obsolete. But there's other stuff too, so what do you guys think about it?