The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

My one Walmart carries only three of these sets anymore barely because I guess they had to make room for all the Star Wars sets while Target has the shelving space for all but they are consistently going between sold out and fully stocked. It's really weird. Currently I am only missing Super Cycle Chase and Lord Business' Evil Lair aside from the three huge sets eventually coming out later on of course. All the while, I have not seen a single sale for any one of these, not even a dollar. Not like they ever needed a discount to move anyway.

As a collector I've got to have all of them and am only missing the Sea Cow but once all my May the 4th VIP points show up (soon!) I'll be ordering it for free! As an investor, I'm not big on any of the 2in1 sets. Most of them did not make more than brief appearances in the movie, though they are cool sets. I think the best investment bets are Cycle Chase, Evil Lair, Sea Cow, Spaceship! and the Mech. Cloud Cuckoo Palace is disappointingly small, but on the other hand everyone has to have Unikitty so it might do well. It will also be interesting to see what kind of life cycle TLG gives these sets. If they continue production until the 2nd movie comes out that would be unusually long, but on the other hand you have to wonder how well they'll sell without some other sort of marketing power once the memory of the first movie fades.

• Like 1

I think the best investment bets are Cycle Chase, Evil Lair, Sea Cow, Spaceship! and the Mech. Cloud Cuckoo Palace is disappointingly small, but on the other hand everyone has to have nikitty so it might do well.

My thoughts exactly, stoltz.

1. Cycle chase is arguably the most iconic scene in the move - starts off the adventure through Lego World and the first (and some would say best) action sequence

2. Evil Lair has the super awesome Lord Business fig along with a number of other great figs amidst another iconic scene

3. The three exclusives are big and great with a host of exclusive figs and futher appeal to AFOLs

4. CCP has original Unikitty

IMO that's your cream of the crop with MetalBeard's Duel the first set left off the list.

My one Walmart carries only three of these sets anymore barely because I guess they had to make room for all the Star Wars sets while Target has the shelving space for all but they are consistently going between sold out and fully stocked. It's really weird. Currently I am only missing Super Cycle Chase and Lord Business' Evil Lair aside from the three huge sets eventually coming out later on of course. All the while, I have not seen a single sale for any one of these, not even a dollar. Not like they ever needed a discount to move anyway.

Seriously. I keep waiting for them to have some kind of sale on these sets, but nope.

There was a 20% off sale on Amazon a week before the movie, I myself picked up a large majority of them then, hoping there's another sale around the release date of the DVD.

True, there was a semi-decent sale mainly focused on the larger sets which ran for some time before the movie premiered. I think it was something like around $15 off Lord Business' Evil Lair, $10 off Super Cycle Chase, and maybe a couple dollars off a few of the smaller ones.

Shopko has had 20% sales on these on at least 2 occasions.  Still didn't pull any triggers, no bueno for me.  I like them for putting in the Lego City downstairs, but nothing for investing.  I picked up several CCP's before they re-emerged and now I think I'll be stuck with them if the stick around.  Thought they were going to be scarce.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this MOC alternate for Benny's Spaceship that turns it into a space base of sorts.

That looks amazing. The only thing that would make it better would be to put the space base onto one of the old classic space baseplates. Then it would be perfect.

I saw the movie the other day and my son and I really liked it.  It was very creative and the last scene with Will Ferrell was great.  You really appreciate it more the second time through when you listen to all the little comments and realize what the whole story line really is.  

• Like 1

I saw the movie the other day and my son and I really liked it. It was very creative and the last scene with Will Ferrell was great. You really appreciate it more the second time through when you listen to all the little comments and realize what the whole story line really is.

I like films you can enjoy better the second or third time around. The first time is great from all the surprises up to the end, then afterwards you find yourself spotting little details you may have missed before and perhaps even understand their significance a bit more than the initial viewing. I already knew The Lego Movie would be good but this raises my excitement for the home release.

Check out this MOC alternate for Benny's Spaceship that turns it into a space base of sorts.

I totally thought about something like that for a lego movie 2 (like, spaceship destroyed and some bricks are crushed, so let's create a base with the remaining bricks and new ones).