The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Yeah any set with the unikitty in it is a key.

I honestly think that percentage wise you are looking at the Evil Business Layer doing the best. That set has been popular as crap and did anyone see what happened when it went out of stock for a short period?

With Target clearancing a bunch of them this month, I think it might get harder to find (but not retire). If so, it will be over 100$ at Christmas just being OOS.

Benny's Spaceship. I had bought the Trash Chomper and Ice Cream Machine on sale but I returned them. It didn't seem like enough of a discount and I don't know if those two sets will really do that great once they are eol. I decided to put my $$$ into other sets. These should be around for a while.

1. spaceship, by far, because it will not only appeal lego movie fans, but also every guy who has nostlagia of legos he had in the 70/80's

2. metalbeard's duel, it may be under the radar, it's a cool figure, ok to be displayed on a shelf I think

3. cuckoo palace, low MSRP but I feel a nice potential because of colors and a way to get an affordable kitty and a cute rainbow set

4. constructo-mech, it's disappointing but I think it will be easy for this one to have a positive CAGR

The problem with the seacow is that to make some money you will have to resell it at least $400 and I'm really not sure a lego movie fan will be ok to pay such an amount (for any set).

I absolutely do not believe in the 2 in 1 sets.

I really don't know what to think about the "rescue reinforment" (robot fire-men). It can both be a massive failure or a great investment. I really don't have a clue.

I'm not fond of the Police Dropship, but because it's the biggest bad guy vehicule it may be ok.

I think the Evil's Lair will do amazing (DNIM already explained a point I share with him)

With the ship I have the same problem as with Pirate Ship Ambush.... yes both are ships but again, far from ''normal'' Pirate ships, they are just not Black Pearls or Queen Anns or Imperial Flagships... those are SHIPS.........

Spaceship on the other hand is the SHIP that will probably do great.

The Sea Cow is my personal favourite, but Benny`s Spaceship will probably have the widest appeal. For $ amounts, definitely Sea Cow, for a higher ROI, Benny`s Spaceship. That`ll also obviously depend on how long they are available, but based on appeal and price alone those would be my picks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about late to the party. Just watched it with my friend's kids. I lost my cover when my granddaughter saw it with her father. Very impressed, way better than I gave it credit for. I loved the the shot at us AFOLs at the end. Didn't see that coming, but a good unexpected ending.

A new small set was shown at the ongoing Comic-Con for The Lego Movie for release next year, 70817 - Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack featuring 115 pieces, 2 minifigures including Batman with a new teeth gritting face plus a Skeletron (making this the cheapest set for those if you want an army), and will retail for $9.99. Now I seriously have my doubts that Lego themselves would just release a single small set by itself so get ready for a whole new wave of builds for The Lego Movie in 2015!

Lego_Movie_Batman_And_Super_Angry_Kitty_

Lego_Movie_Batman_And_Super_Angry_Kitty_

14738052615_d551b2f252_o.jpg

I've got a seven year old and a four year old, so I've seen it at least ten times. Maybe not the whole way through each time, but enough so that I have about 2/3 of the movie memorized. Don't even get me started on the horror that is Frozen... All I'll say about that is I had a batchelorette party go out on my boat and "Let It Go" was the first song that played when they plugged a phone into the PA, I did a very good rendition at the top of my lungs. And then hung my head in shame.

• Like 4

Does the poll include watching on an airline's in-flight entertainment system?  :cheese:

Then put me down for twice. Once in theater, once on Emirates (on way to Billund).

What were you going to Billund for, to protest your banned status? :rofl:

As for me I've watched it once at movie theater with a friend (as lego fan as I am), and since then we were waiting for the DVD because we knew we will see it again many times...

So far I've seen it 4 times in french and 2 times in english (on DVD), so it's 7 all in all (including movie theater). But I sometimes skip some scenes, it depends on my mood.

Crazyness, that's not in my habits to watch a movie again and again...

I have to go to a shrink. :umnik:

I haven't seen it yet actually. I don't have any kids so no excuse to go to the theater. I did have it from Redbox a couple of weeks ago but I got home late and was too tired to watch it. I will see it eventually when it's on Nextflix or Amazon.

Usually keeping a Redbox an extra day is still cheaper than most on demand/PPV.

I've also got kids, so I've seen it several times.  I agree with the guy above that Frozen is garbage.