The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Pretty cool video. The Lego Commercial

That was funny like so many other 'honest' trailers. Now I hate to burst anyone's bubble but is any film or TV show anymore not some sort of advertisement with product placement everywhere? If people want to go down that road, well, at least The LEGO Movie was upfront about it to the point where you couldn't really care less or notice. Besides if it took the film to get someone to notice the brand, they're wannabe posers. There's my 'honest' post. :P
  • Like 1

Pretty cool video. The Lego Commercial

Hmm, technically the bad cop did not kill his parents, only kragled them.  They were moving fine after being un-kragled at the end :( 

The LEGO Commercial song was funny, but how was TLM any different than Disney Frozen or Disney Big Hero 6 in term of merchandising ? In short, I agreed with TOK :)  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMO, the biggest % gain from the entire line will be The Double Decker Couch.

I believe it will be the iconic, must-have set from the entire Lego Movie Series in the future. The couch itself- and the entire slew of mini-figs- in one outstanding and great-looking set. A++++, and thank you TLG.

I won't miss out on a couple Sea Cows, but I'll continue to invest in the DDC till it retires.

• Like 2

That`s an interesting bet, it is one of the new sets after all and wasn`t even leaked at the time this thread was started. Because you get so many iconic figures for the price and for the double decker couch itself, I think that could very well be a possibility. Could be one of those sets that settles in the $50 range after some time, which would mean a 300-400% inflated value. Good call :good:

• Like 1

IMO, the biggest % gain from the entire line will be The Double Decker Couch.

I believe it will be the iconic, must-have set from the entire Lego Movie Series in the future. The couch itself- and the entire slew of mini-figs- in one outstanding and great-looking set. A++++, and thank you TLG.

I won't miss out on a couple Sea Cows, but I'll continue to invest in the DDC till it retires.

I agree. While I don't think this set is a "sleeper" since many are aware of it, I do think it has the most potential for solid gains. It is rarely in stock in my area, but when I do come across them I buy a few. At $15 a pop, this set has little risk with lots of upside. In fact, I just built one last night because I was bored. This was literally the first set I ever opened for myself out of my stash.

• Like 1

I can definitely see the Double-Decker Couch despite being described as "that idea is the worst" by Vitruvius being a winner. Shoot, I already bought one for myself from Target when I could find one and I may just get another. You get a printed waffle piece, a radio tile from Emmet's car (with RADIO cleverly printed :)), some medium blue tiles, a Monster Fighters moonstone free of any printing (good for MOCs), a more happy President Business (his attire is great for city designs), and good ol' SPACESHIP! Benny which if you can get past his rubbed off logo is also good for some classic Space MOCs (also his expressions are adorable 'cause it's Benny). The small sets tend to go quickly unnoticed like Cavalry Builder from Lone Ranger.

• Like 1

Pirate ships always do well, so I say the Sea Cow. I think Emmet's Mech may be a sleeper because it came out later and is the last missing Unikitty for people that collect her.

Pirate ships always do well, so I say the Sea Cow. I think Emmet's Mech may be a sleeper because it came out later and is the last missing Unikitty for people that collect her.

Am I missing something here or is this just plain old plagiarism?

Emmets mech should surprise some people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

I have the same feeling on this one. I posted in the Canada forum a few days ago that I think one of the reasons this will do well in the secondary market is because it is the most "normal" looking set from this theme to date but still has some cool factor to it.

I'm still a fan of the sea cow and will get at least one. But never really considered the DDC. I'll definitely take a closer look at that one.

• Like 1

Personally I don't get what everybody loves about the spaceship... sure it has got a lot of nostalgic value, but compared to nowadays spaceships, mostly from the SW theme (falcon for example) it can't compete.

When it comes down to the question "why do people want this ship?" I'd say there are two top answers: it's starring in the lego movie! and secondly it has got nostalgic value to a lot of people...

if these two reasons are enough for you to give it a high rating in your investment strategy, then go ahead.

Then we have the seacow...

The seacow doesn't have the nostalgic factor (yet ;-) ) but the same "lego movie appearance" point on its side.

Also the ship looks great and steam-punkish. It comes with a certain uniqueness factor which makes it interesting as an investment.

(The spaceship just lacks this uniqueness factor).

Also you shouldn't forget that the seacow is more expensive! So probably there will be less competition.

So when it comes down to these two sets I'd go with the seacow.

An approach could be to get a stack of Benny's Spaceships at $49 each if you can from Walmart and get some Sea Cows. :)

Sprinkle it with some Double Decker Couches and surround it by a  few Emmet Mech's.

Okay I'm not one to talk with my many many pics posted but that one kind of grosses me out. :bad: Moving along every retailer around me has been sold out of Benny's Spaceship since last month (maybe before even) so no Spaceship for me. :(

Curious how long you guys plan on holding your load for :)  I picked up 25 Benny's from the Walmart sale for $45.15 each out of the door and was thinking to hold them to the next movie or possibly longer as you know this movie thing won't stop at just two movies!..hope they don't do a Lego re-release!  

• 3 weeks later...

Was everyone aware that the LEGO movie was not stop motion or was I the only one who though it was?

I have to remind myself the film was digitally rendered it was that good. A lot of the close-up shots and movements were very convincing. The little hints of the world being a virtual one were very subtle to barely noticeable at all.