The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Never watched it, though I do want to.  I'll grab it on Redbox some day.  Frozen haters are lying, they all secretly love it.  Now THAT I have seen many times with the kids, willingly or not.

I did enjoy Frozen the first dozen or so times I watched with my four year old, it's refreshing to watch a Disney movie that rips on old Disney princess movies. "You got engaged and you just met?!?" It's just in too many places right now, and that soundtrack, not even Ace of Base can get those ear worms out of my head.

I did enjoy Frozen the first dozen or so times I watched with my four year old, it's refreshing to watch a Disney movie that rips on old Disney princess movies. "You got engaged and you just met?!?" It's just in too many places right now, and that soundtrack, not even Ace of Base can get those ear worms out of my head.

My daughter has the soundtrack, too.  Though luckily it's not on repeat like it used to. 

I've got a seven year old and a four year old, so I've seen it at least ten times. Maybe not the whole way through each time, but enough so that I have about 2/3 of the movie memorized. Don't even get me started on the horror that is Frozen... All I'll say about that is I had a batchelorette party go out on my boat and "Let It Go" was the first song that played when they plugged a phone into the PA, I did a very good rendition at the top of my lungs. And then hung my head in shame.

I'm in the 20+ catagory for the LEGO movie with a 6 and an 8 year old. I've got to be in the 75-100 range with Frozen and probably 500+ with "Let It Go" song alone. I knew it was bad when I plugged my phone into the car stereo on my way to work and didn't change the song until "Let It Go" finished playing. My daughter has me trained well.

• Like 3

I've got a seven year old and a four year old, so I've seen it at least ten times. Maybe not the whole way through each time, but enough so that I have about 2/3 of the movie memorized. Don't even get me started on the horror that is Frozen... All I'll say about that is I had a batchelorette party go out on my boat and "Let It Go" was the first song that played when they plugged a phone into the PA, I did a very good rendition at the top of my lungs. And then hung my head in shame.

I literally could have written this exact post, minus the "Let It Go" anecdote, and changing the kids' ages to 5 and 3. They are completely obsessed with both movies. I've only watched each movie maybe twice straight through, but I've seen enough ~20 minute chunks such that I can safely say I've seen every minute of both a solid 20-30 times. If not more. I can pretty much quote the Lego Movie from beginning to end.

I can't honestly say this is something I'm proud of.

My kids bust out the quotes all the time too. The other day my 3yr old woke me up with: "he is coming. cover your butt." It was pretty comical.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 2

The only thing I didn't like about Frozen was the modern language when the movie clearly takes place in the 1700's.  I have the same issue with a few of Disney's recent releases.  I think the langauge style should match the time period of the movie, but hey that's just me.  I'm a grumpy adult and don't know any better ;)

(I have not seen the frozen, and I admit I don't care about it, be free to create a topic to discuss about it since many of you seem to need to talk about it... like traumatized people... lol)

Well it seems the lego movie has a better success in DVD than in movie theater, and that is what I expected.

I have to admit I was not only curious but I also wondered about the investment of movie sets...

I know that the success of a movie isn't enough (hello Cars) and it seems that most of kids who like this movie are younger kids, about the same audience as Cars or Toy Story 3...

Thanks for your testimonies. ^^

Just watched it the first time this weekend with the kids, was waiting for a discount on the blu-ray but couldn't wait any longer.

Really liked the movie some very funny parts in it, probably will watch it again this week but then the original version (English instead of Dutch).

I liked Cars and Toy Story 3.. Or maybe I'm just an exception as I do like Lego as well ;)

I did too. And I'm sure many of us did (because these movies are great, especially Toy story 3 IMO).

But I did not bought some legos of these themes for myself... these are way too childish.