The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Best Buy (from the ad for 6/15-6/21)
Everything is Awesome combo - $34.99
Blu-ray/DVD/UV - $17.99
DVD - $14.99

-Save $10 when you buy the movie and a LEGO Movie video game

Target (from the ad for 6/15-6/21)
EiA combo - $35.99
BD/DVD/UV - $22.99 (exclusive activity book and cover)
DVD - $14.99

-Save $10 when you buy the Blu-ray and any shown set (Bad Cop Pursuit, Ice Cream Machine, or Trash Chomper (also on sale for $25)) or shown video game (LEGO Movie 360, PS3, or Wii U $39.99/3DS $19.99)
-All LEGO Movie, Creator, and City sets will also be on sale

Amazon
US Amazon - Not currently available for preorder. Amazon is having contract negotiation disputes with Warner Bros.
Canada Amazon - Preorder EiA - $29.97CDN, BD/DVD, $24.97CDN, DVD $18.99CDN

Kmart (from the ad for 6/15-6/21)
BD/DVD/UV - $22.99
DVD - $16.99

- Shop Your Way members get 20% back in points on City, Movie, and Superheroes sets
- Free LEGO Movie companion book with any LEGO purchase. Limit 30 per store

I bought the Ice Cream truck and the Trash Chomper on sale when the movie was released on DVD.  Got the chomper for $15 and the Ice Cream truck for $25.  I'm debating on if I should keep them or take them back.  They aren't from any big scenes in the movie and are kind of generic.  I got trigger happy when I saw the sale and didn't want to miss out. 

I saw the movie the other day and my son and I really liked it.  It was very creative and the last scene with Will Ferrell was great.  You really appreciate it more the second time through when you listen to all the little comments and realize what the whole story line really is.  

It's even better when you watch it with the alternate audio track where the director points out every easter egg in the background.

Is this in the Bluray edition?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Unfortunately, the audio commentary is on bluray only. The only extras on the dvd are the "Everything is Awesome" sing-along and the Fan-made film submissions. The blurays are packed with 10 more extra features, with the "Everything is Awesome" edition having one exclusive documentary called "Dream Job: Meet the Builders".

The blu-ray extras are great. The Everyting is Awesome edition is a great buy, even when you do not own a 3D Bluray player. Those extra short documentaries give you insights on how the movie was created. The first round of vehicle creations the LEGO designers at Bilund coming up in short time were just... awesome :)

Unfortunately, the audio commentary is on bluray only. The only extras on the dvd are the "Everything is Awesome" sing-along and the Fan-made film submissions. The blurays are packed with 10 more extra features, with the "Everything is Awesome" edition having one exclusive documentary called "Dream Job: Meet the Builders".

Actually that audio commentary is on the regular DVD too. I have the blu-ray/dvd combo; i learned this when I sent the dvd with my 5-year old to my mother-in-law's house (she doesn't have blu-ray), and she complained that i sent "the wrong dvd". Turns out she managed to start it with the audio commentary on. When I got there, the movie was playing with the director and some other voices speaking over it (I think the voice of unikitty was one of them).

To be fair, it wasn't obvious how to turn the commentary off (or, I assume, on). Had to pop the disc out and start it over again, then it reverted to the regular audio.

I bought the Ice Cream truck and the Trash Chomper on sale when the movie was released on DVD.  Got the chomper for $15 and the Ice Cream truck for $25.  I'm debating on if I should keep them or take them back.  They aren't from any big scenes in the movie and are kind of generic.  I got trigger happy when I saw the sale and didn't want to miss out. 

The icecream truck is also on my wish list. I would like to add it to my city setup.

For the rest... I will not buy any movie set anymore. That is a theme I will avoid from now.

The icecream truck is also on my wish list. I would like to add it to my city setup.

For the rest... I will not buy any movie set anymore. That is a theme I will avoid from now.

I ended up taking them back to Target.  The Ice Cream truck was only on sale for $25.....only $4.99 off.  Not really a killer deal.  I decided to use the money on some other sets.

I was thinking metalbeard's duel. Only because the the lower price point and uniqueness of the figure. The only other place to get him is the sea cow which may be out of range because of the higher price point. Only a guess I'm no expert yet.

Plus I'm interested in seeing what the pros think.