The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Well, I do like the Double-Decker Couch set seeing how I can acquire good ol' Benny in a significantly cheaper set than his Spaceship and getting a Ghost Vitruvius along with another President Business (who's actually quite happy to be here) is nice but aside from Bad Cop Car Chase, these seem like quick throw-ins honestly. The only thing going for the smallest set is Angry Kitty who is stuck with another Batman that will go with everybody

• Like 1

Bad cop's car seems quite accurate to the movie but not perfect: some cheese slopes are missing, doors are not the same, and mirrors look different:

the_le13.jpg

Oh and the "Police" side sticker is misplaced on the bottom visual, the one on the box is the good way to apply it accurately to the movie:

the_le15.jpg

Edited by biniou

Officially twice. Once on opening day and again after we bought the DVD. I've "listened" to it about a bazillion times though since my kids always have it on and I can hear it throughout the day while they watch it over and over.

Lol same situation in our house! The kids watch this religiously.

Batman makes the movie for me with classic lines like "all they do is sit around and play space checkers" after his time on the Millenium Falcon and "I only work in black... And occasionally, very dark gray" when they are building their sub. Genuinely funny.

• Like 1

In my opinion, 3D movies are not at the point where you can call it anything but a gimmick.

I've read that this one is a really great in 3D. So it's not just a gimmick, at least no less than colors.

Bricks are manipulated, they are not flat, so it certainly does make some sense to see them in 3D in a movie. :)

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Once was enough for me which is why I don't invest in the theme. Only buy what you don't mind being stuck with, right? Great movie for kids but not AFOLs IMHO.

Edited by TabbyBoy

• 1 month later...

Several of us are "regulars" at LL in Southern California.

The highlight of a trip there currently is that, in its entirety, they have The Lego Movie Set on display- all of it.

It is the entire basement from the film, and features not only the unique city that you see, but more or less every significant "epic" Lego build from the past to current. Very cool to experience, especially for us since the film is such a special one for our family.

Interesting to note...

The studio is picking this set up and hauling it back to their inventory the week between Christmas/New Year's. The "hosts" in the movie set walk-through claim it is for filming of upcoming sequels.

They, too, confirmed a Lego Batman has trumped a Lego Movie part two. Three movies have already been confirmed by the studio for release. More great news for us Lego fans and investors.

• 2 weeks later...