The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

When I was a kid, McDonalds actually had real polybag sets as happy meal toys. They were small quick, but excellent builds with several cool pieces.

A few years ago, as an adult, I got some race car sets from the happy meals to see how Lego does happy meal toys these days. They were pathetic. 3 pre-fab pieces with 8 lego studs in the center of each to mix and match few-fab car parts. Really pathetic.

And now, they have given up on lego entirely with happy meals and instead put 3d drinking cups as happy meal toys. That's awful. The Lego Movie was a great opportunity for Lego and McDonalds to really step it up like they used to do back in the day.

Maybe the cost of Lego sets these days make it impossible to justify putting real lego pieces in happy meals anymore idk. But we still have memories of the good old days I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I really wonder how well these "The Lego Movie" sets will do. I see in many local stores that they do not sell that well anymore. Also they do significant discounts as if they want to get rid of them. The initial buzz is tempered now. I`m really curious how well the second wave of more expensive sets will do. Okay I love the spaceship, spaceship, spaceship. While the Construct O mech looks cool, it 's also rather expensive and children seem to forgotten the movie already

I really wonder how well these "The Lego Movie" sets will do. I see in many local stores that they do not sell that well anymore. Also they do significant discounts as if they want to get rid of them. The initial buzz is tempered now. I`m really curious how well the second wave of more expensive sets will do. Okay I love the spaceship, spaceship, spaceship. While the Construct O mech looks cool, it 's also rather expensive and children seem to forgotten the movie already

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Of the ones I actually build, Metal Beards Duel was really fun. I was laughing a bit at how ridiculous it is as I built it. Creative ambush was cool too. For what you get it almost seems a bit under priced. Of all of them, the Sea Cow is my favorite. It's a bit too pricey for now, but if there's ever some kind of sale/promo, I'll get one for sure.

Currently, the Flying Flusher by far. Who doesn't love a set with a Porta Potty and plungers. The bony thing that could have made this set better is if the doc had a "straining" facial expression.

Like this? :derisive:

3626bpb516.jpg

By the way, that's a favorite set of mine as well. I mean come on, it's THE FLYING FLUSHER!

• Like 1

So, has anyone started to buy "The LEGO Movie" sets for buy and hold purposes, or for holiday season flips?  I still haven't committed to this theme for the long-term, but I won't hesitate to grab some on clearance.  I'm just not sure how many restocks we'll see, or if any will remain for clearance?  They still seem to be selling well.  The margin isn't there yet for me to consider flipping any of these.

I would like at least one of each set for the collection.

I'm on the fence myself. The excitement seemed to dwindle pretty quickly. May be revived for a short time when the DVD is released, but only time will tell. My Walmart has the Ice Cream Truck on clearance, but I still haven't pulled the trigger. Not sure.......

Flipping is almost impossible on these sets. I bought some for really really dirt cheap! But nobody wants them and my profit margin is maybe 25% on 3 sets combined.

I do not know for the long-term. But I think I will cease buying movie sets for now. There is no money in it at this moment.

I'm on the fence myself. The excitement seemed to dwindle pretty quickly. May be revived for a short time when the DVD is released, but only time will tell. My Walmart has the Ice Cream Truck on clearance, but I still haven't pulled the trigger. Not sure.......

The ice-cream truck I might buy one. Is nice to add it to my city.

With the way they timed the movie and now DVD release, I'm not sure how much this will be on the average kid/parents radar come the holidays. I always seem them on the shelves any where I look. I'll wait until they are on sale/clearence and grab some. Best bet seems to be to wait unilt the second movie comes out at this point. The 2-1 at least have the added value of being unique city sets.

I intended to pick up a few CCP when i saw them in Target a few weeks ago as they were sold out pretty much everywhere... but now they seem to be in ample stock and i'm glad i didn't!

Not saying it's a bad set, but i put that money elsewhere and have lots of time to get some before a potential X-mas shortage. That is if interest for this set actually lasts until x-mas.

Otherwise i have not even considered any other sets to get in on early.