The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Is the price for Super Secret Police Dropship released yet? The minifigures look awesome!!!

Nothing confirmed but rumor is somewhere in the realm of $100. :wacko: I wonder if it will be a store exclusive as well?

Um...how many times on this website have you seen "should I invest in X"?  Why is it more logical to conclude it was a pop culture reference to 15 seconds of Archer that has nothing to do with Legos than that it was a reference to the oft publicized phenomenon of Lego investors?  It was clearly a nod to lego investors.

That was me just being facetious and making a joke.

Stars were payed in lego and what exactly is the plural form of lego... http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/lego-movie-stars-reveal-just-many-lego-were-165623835.html

Good link. I enjoyed the interview until it kept crashing on me. I'm going to have to see the movie without my granddaughter ( kid cover ) she went with her dad. The brother- in-law of one of my best friends does artwork for the Lego magazine. He told me they actually asked him if he wanted to be payed in cash or bricks and some people opt for the bricks. He opted for cash, Caplist Pig!

Looks awesome and takes me back to my childhood in the good 'ol 80's. I wonder if his helmet is actually cracked or if it's molded to look like it's cracked. Has anyone seen a close up of Benny to confirm? I can't imagine it would actually be cracked. How many unsuspecting parents would be calling lego because the brand new lego set they just dropped $100 on came with a broken piece...lol.

I'm surprised it's going to be more than 3 years until the sequel comes out.  I would think they could get another one cranked out in closer to 2 years, but I don't know how long production of a CG movie like this takes.

Me too. I mean, I assume its just like Clay animation - maybe easier in some parts in how they shoot. But when a sequel is confirmed so quickly, you would think they would have all the time. Voice over is easier to get actors to do and stuff as well.

What I am wondering is, will all the movie sets stay around until then? Or will they make another first movie wave? I was surprised how many sets were in this wave.

I don't know how long production of a CG movie like this takes.

Was listening to an interview with the directors yesterday and I think I recall them saying it took 4 years to do the current one...

edit: a little poking around the 'Net indicates that although things technically started back in 2009/10 -- actual production of animation and casting probably didn't take place until start of 2012.

Based on the movie trailers, I had no interest in watching it although I love Legos.  But upon seeing all the positive reviews, my wife and I went to see it last night and we were both pleasantly surprised!  In a way, I'm glad they didn't give anything away about the plot in the trailers, (as some movies do, then you feel ripped off because you already saw the best scenes in the trailers), but I wonder if they would have made even more money at the box office if they trailers were more enticing...