The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

I ordered 4 of that set from a local Walmart for the 20% off price from their website. I'm going to try my hand parting some of these out to make quick money. I'll have to keep an eye on TRU in case they restock later this week.

That's what I'm trying to decide, hold out and hope the price drives to $40 or so or just part it out....

That's what I'm trying to decide, hold out and hope the price drives to $40 or so or just part it out....

I found two today. I am parting out one and waiting to see on the other. I will try to find more tomorrow. $50 parting it out sounds reasonable unless the market is flooded with those that bought early.

This prediction of $50 would be based upon what time frame?

It's a bit of a wild guess, but as mentioned after my post I think $50 parting out alone is reasonable if the set is sold out on major retailer sites for more than a week or two. It would be a short window, but let's say the big online retailers sell out in the next couple of days, we will have likely a solid second weekend box office, and a bit of a flip window. My uneducated guess is that this will have strong word of mouth, AND multiple viewings as there's so much to see for Lego fans in the movie.

Great parting out set regardless right now, since UniKitty is a lock to sell for $10+ for a while I think.

I was able to score Lincoln, Scribbly Face Cop, 2 Taco Tuesday Guys, Emmet, and 2 Wyldstyles in the minifigs. Just a hint, once you know how to feel for Lincoln, you should be able to distinguish what Mr Gold would feel like as the hat is the same. and there's still around 2000 unaccounted for. Since there are three more sets due out later, i am betting all three are store exclusives again. My prediction is that Emmet's Constructo-Mech will be Walmart, Super Secret Police Dropship will be Target, and Benny's Spaceship,Spaceship,SPACESHIP! will be Toys R Us. I would guess these will come out to go with the dvd when it comes out. 

I absolutely recommend seeing the movie (and I'm 40 something). Anyone who's seen it will probably agree that it didn't quite end like originally assumed. That's what I liked most about the movie. The only thing is you are going to need to be careful and don't be the weirdo pedophile type. Make sure to shave that mustache off first! :hairy:

fake-moustache-o.gif

My local TRU had 5 of the Cuckoo Palaces available for store pick-up - pretty lucky as there wasn't another within 50 miles that had any available, hoping the orders go through. Placed an order of 3 which came out to $48 after 15$ off 50, and placed a second order of two plus two of the 31015 train for $42. I've never tried parting a set out but this might be a good one to start with.

Want another good LEGO Movie laugh? Check out the new lunacy from Fox news:

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/lego-movie-slammed-for-being--anti-capitalist-101413089.html?.tsrc=samsungwn

Thought this was funny.

The pic of Obama and the Lego bricks in the responses is also priceless, but I didn't want to post that directly here.  It has one of those really bad words.

First off, it's Fox News. What else can they use their time for other than spinning incoherent tall tales? Second, why is it everytime the bad guy turns out to be a high ranking corporate executive in a movie, somebody has to say it is being anti-capitalist? I love the comparison of President Business is 'clearly' based off Mitt Romney. Of course, let us go make this pitifully political. :mda: Please, if The Lego Movie contains some kind of hidden anti-capitalist message then so does every single Superman comic book because he fights against a businessman named Lex Luthor. That whole article is as asinine as Donald Trump when he tried to sue Bill Maher for saying he was the love child of an orangutan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=089oKOa3vFw

Is this breakdown only based on one box?  It seems like when I go through the figs in the endcap displays, Wyldstyle is painfully common.  Everything else seems about right though I suppose.

The breakdown is based on the 60 count boxes. For the smaller size 30's, divide that result by half since the change in the 60's was due to Lego releasing the smaller 30's and they needed a ratio that could be cut in half perfectly. The endcap display units, however, seem to be relatively random for some reason as per Mos Eisley's findings.

Just a hint, once you know how to feel for Lincoln, you should be able to distinguish what Mr Gold would feel like as the hat is the same. and there's still around 2000 unaccounted for.

A better comparison for feeling would be Mr. Good & Evil from Series 9 as they have the same exact tophat piece although I see what you are getting at considering Abraham is currently available while the other isn't. It's just that Abraham Lincoln's tophat is very large and rubbery compared to Mr. Gold's smaller and tougher one.

I was able to score Lincoln, Scribbly Face Cop, 2 Taco Tuesday Guys, Emmet, and 2 Wyldstyles in the minifigs. Just a hint, once you know how to feel for Lincoln, you should be able to distinguish what Mr Gold would feel like as the hat is the same. and there's still around 2000 unaccounted for. Since there are three more sets due out later, i am betting all three are store exclusives again. My prediction is that Emmet's Constructo-Mech will be Walmart, Super Secret Police Dropship will be Target, and Benny's Spaceship,Spaceship,SPACESHIP! will be Toys R Us. I would guess these will come out to go with the dvd when it comes out.

I haven't seen any series 10 minifigs in stores for a long time.

That set has essentially 4 minifigs...going to get to $50 I bet if it stays sold out for any length of time anywhere. Only set with regular Wyldstyle too, and we've seen what happens when Friends sets sell out!

I think you get the same Wyldstyle in the Cycle Chase set as well if I'm not mistaken.