The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

The movie was fantastic on many levels. What a great display of self promotion!! There is no way that this movie will do anything but AMAZING things for Lego sales and interest. I think it will draw in even more kids (if that's possible), and it will undoubtedly create more AFOL's after seeing the basement.

Kudos Lego!!! It's about time!!

And IMO....if you are avoiding these sets for flipping and/or Christmas sales, you're missing out!

I just went smooshing at my targets with my kids and noticed that the lego movie sets were picked clean. First time I have ever smooshed. We have never collected the CMFs, but after seeing the movie and getting a few figs afterward we figured we would try to complete the set. We needed 8 more, and found 6 that we thought we needed. After we got home and opened them we got 5 out of the 6 correct. Not too bad for our first time. We still need Abe Lincoln, Shakespeare, and wyldestyle. Does anyone know if those are more rare than the others?

I headed straight from the theater to TRU and bought a Cycle Chase to build with the kids. 3 year old got 5 minifigs and me and the 6 year old each built a vehicle. That Swat car is pretty cool. Great build, one of the best vehicles I have put together (if not THE best). The flick fire missiles were even APPROPRIATE!

I just went smooshing at my targets with my kids and noticed that the lego movie sets were picked clean. First time I have ever smooshed. We have never collected the CMFs, but after seeing the movie and getting a few figs afterward we figured we would try to complete the set. We needed 8 more, and found 6 that we thought we needed. After we got home and opened them we got 5 out if the 6 correct. Not too bad for our first time. We still need Abe Lincoln, Shakespeare, and wyldestyle. Does anyone know if those are more rare than the others?

The target display is different but in the cases at tru, out of 60 packs there are 2 shakespeare,4 lincoln and 4 wyldstyle. All 3 of those are easy to smoosh for though. Abe has the hat and Shakespeare has the quill and the circular neck thing. For wyldstyle, you just look for the dress then see if she has a gun or fan. It's pretty easy to feel for the dress.

• Like 1

The target display is different but in the cases at tru, out of 60 packs there are 2 shakespeares,4 lincolns and 4 wyldestyles.

Thank you very much for the info. I am assuming that these are the most rare figures then. We'll try a few more places this week, and if we don't have any luck I'll just buy them off of eBay.

Thank you very much for the info. I am assuming that these are the most rare figures then. We'll try a few more places this week, and if we don't have any luck I'll just buy them off of eBay.

There are 6 figures that come 2 per case so you actually got 5 of the 6 rares. There are 6 figures that come 4 to a case and 5 figures that come 6 to a case.

Here is the case breakdown.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88428

Those rack displays have a different distribution though that I haven't found any info on.

• Like 1

I just went smooshing at my targets with my kids and noticed that the lego movie sets were picked clean. First time I have ever smooshed. We have never collected the CMFs, but after seeing the movie and getting a few figs afterward we figured we would try to complete the set. We needed 8 more, and found 6 that we thought we needed. After we got home and opened them we got 5 out if the 6 correct. Not too bad for our first time. We still need Abe Lincoln, Shakespeare, and wyldestyle. Does anyone know if those are more rare than the others?

Terry, Shakespeare is one of the super rare (only 2 per 60 ct box) and imho the hardest of super rare to find. Keep looking for ruffled collar and bald cap. Abe and WW Wildstyle are rare (4 per 60ct box). Look for tophat for Abe and skirt+fan for wildstyle.

• Like 1

Is this breakdown only based on one box?  It seems like when I go through the figs in the endcap displays, Wyldstyle is painfully distribution.  Everything else seems about right though I suppose.

I opened 2 sealed 60 ct boxes from 2 different sources. My findings are also consistent with reports on other LEGO sites. As for endcaps, i have never gone through a sealed one to check its distribution.

The movie was fantastic on many levels. What a great display of self promotion!! There is no way that this movie will do anything but AMAZING things for Lego sales and interest. I think it will draw in even more kids (if that's possible), and it will undoubtedly create more AFOL's after seeing the basement.

Kudos Lego!!! It's about time!!

And IMO....if you are avoiding these sets for flipping and/or Christmas sales, you're missing out!

So lets say I am a 26 year old with no children. Worth going to see?

I headed straight from the theater to TRU and bought a Cycle Chase to build with the kids. 3 year old got 5 minifigs and me and the 6 year old each built a vehicle. That Swat car is pretty cool. Great build, one of the best vehicles I have put together (if not THE best). The flick fire missiles were even APPROPRIATE!

I picked up the Cycle Chase a while back and love it too.  The cycle is awesome and I love the tactical look of the SWAT truck and the robo-cops.  I'm surprised that set isn't getting more chatter on here.  I could see people wanting to army build the Super-Secret Police stuff or leaving the stickers off the truck and including it into their regular City displays.  One thing the City police line is missing is a SWAT team.  Maybe no hostages ever get taken in Lego City . . .

I absolutely recommend seeing the movie (and I'm 40 something). Anyone who's seen it will probably agree that it didn't quite end like originally assumed. That's what I liked most about the movie. The only thing is you are going to need to be careful and don't be the weirdo pedophile type. Make sure to shave that mustache off first! :hairy:

Definitely worth going to see. I think, for me at least, it reminded me of being a kid and the fun of just building and playing with Lego more then it appealed to my AFOL side. I think that's good and worth the time and $$$ right there.