The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

The crazy thing is the lego movie took its good old sweet time to properly advertise all of these sets. Forthose who haven't seen the movie, certain sets were limited in screen ttime but there is about 3 minutes where they display each set they are selling which was I think perfectly executed subliminal advertisement.

I thought the sets didn't get enough screen time.

As for the others, does anyone think getting them *now* for self is a must to be on te safe side, or will they likely be around for the rest of the year? They aren't must haves for me and I am not a completist (can't afford to be), but if there's a chance some of these will be gone for good in the next couple months, I would definitely consider buying at least a couple more that I am starting to like...

I would think these sets will be around all year but who knows how strong of a quick seller they will be leaving empty store shelves? I was buying up each of these since the start of the year beginning with the smallest considering those would disappear the fastest because I figured soon as The Lego Movie premiered, they would start flying off the rack. Probably the safest route would be the smalls (Getaway Glider, Melting Room, & Cloud Cuckoo Palace) and exclusives (Flying Flusher, Creative Ambush, & Rescue Reinforcements). I can see Ice Cream Machine as another selling out easily. The larger ones should linger for a while simply because of price seeing how most kids don't always have that kind of allowance. Bad Cop Pursuit, Castle Cavalry, and Trash Chomper are sets I see hanging around.

$69.1 million box office this weekend, widely exceeded estimates of $50 million.  link  So yeah, definitely a hit.

Not sure if there are any poster/print fans here, I can't wait to get my Lego Movie poster by Tom Whalen for Mondo in the mail. (pic) He always does excellent work but he really knocked it out of the park for this one, more interesting than the Mondo poster for Lego Lord of the Rings.  Like most if not all Mondo releases, it sold out immediately.  You can get one eBay at flipper prices. 

• Like 1

Hi.

I saw the Lego Movie just now at the cinema with my 7 year boy and it was very very good.

My gut feeling is that this film will only increase lego popularity.

I think the lego movie sets sales will increase greatly.

I cant wait for the 2nd film, I heard it already has the green light. The possibilities with this film franchise are limitless just like the toy itself.

Well done.

Just took the wife and kids to see the movie. It was outstanding, and very well made. We all enjoyed it and didn't want it to end! Now that I have seen the movie, the sets make sense. Without seeing it they were just a jumbled mess. Aside from Benny's spaceship and the sea cow, I think the other potential moneymakers are the metal beard duel (kids will want to build metal beard), the cuckoo palace (for all the girls who liked the movie), and the lord business lair (kids will want to build the tall lord business). The larger sets are potential Christmas flips, since that is usually when parents "splurge" and buy the expensive sets, while the smaller ones could provide some good flip potential from now through the summer as long as the movie is still popular. First, the parents take the kids to see the movie. Next they are at the store and the kids want the big expensive lego movie sets. The parents don't want to drop $70 on a set, so to appease the child they tell them to "pick out a small set". This type of thinking could lead to some shortages. Who knows. I plan on seeing what the market looks like this week after the first weekend release, and will probably pick up a few.

As we were walking out of the theater, I surprised my kids with my "magic pockets", which produced 10 lego movie CMF's one at a time (I got them with my bat caves I ordered from TRU a few weeks back). They thought that was pretty cool and couldn't stop laughing as they took turns picking a pocket. We only got one double (bad cop), and plan on going on our first "smooshing excursion" later this week to try and find the ones we don't have.

Great movie. If you haven't seen it, you need to because EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!

• Like 1

As we were walking out of the theater, I surprised my kids with my "magic pockets", which produced 10 lego movie CMF's one at a time (I got them with my bat caves I ordered from TRU a few weeks back). They thought that was pretty cool and couldn't stop laughing as they took turns picking a pocket. We only got one double (bad cop), and plan on going on our first "smooshing excursion" later this week to try and find the ones we don't have.

My pockets are usually filled with food!

Just took the wife and kids to see the movie. It was outstanding, and very well made. We all enjoyed it and didn't want it to end! Now that I have seen the movie, the sets make sense. Without seeing it they were just a jumbled mess. Aside from Benny's spaceship and the sea cow, I think the other potential moneymakers are the metal beard duel (kids will want to build metal beard), the cuckoo palace (for all the girls who liked the movie), and the lord business lair (kids will want to build the tall lord business). The larger sets are potential Christmas flips, since that is usually when parents "splurge" and buy the expensive sets, while the smaller ones could provide some good flip potential from now through the summer as long as the movie is still popular. First, the parents take the kids to see the movie. Next they are at the store and the kids want the big expensive lego movie sets. The parents don't want to drop $70 on a set, so to appease the child they tell them to "pick out a small set". This type of thinking could lead to some shortages. Who knows. I plan on seeing what the market looks like this week after the first weekend release, and will probably pick up a few.

Great movie. If you haven't seen it, you need to because EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!

It was a great movie. My set sleeper set pick is the ice cream truck. Just got done building it with my son and wife. Other than the cuckoo set, this is also a girlie themed set with some nice elements, I also like how it doesn't come with rehashed minifigs, Benny's ship should be a monster after retirement. Too bad the train in the movie wasn't built.

It was a great movie. My set sleeper set pick is the ice cream truck. Just got done building it with my son and wife. Other than the cuckoo set, this is also a girlie themed set with some nice elements, I also like how it doesn't come with rehashed minifigs, Benny's ship should be a monster after retirement. Too bad the train in the movie wasn't built.

My only concern with them doing that train is that it's an "old west" style and it may kill the potential of 79111. That was a cool sequence in the movie though.