The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Well if you want the perspective of a 36 year old female AFOL...here is mine for what it's worth (which I'm sure isn't too much;-)

I have already bought the ice cream machine and trash chomper for myself as I love the 2 in 1 (I can turn it into a normal garbage truck and ice cream truck if I don't love the weird builds so that's win win to me personally). Figured since these only cost me $23.99 total each I would like the regular build at the very least and not feel I had thrown the money away.

I am VERY EXCITEDLY waiting on the Sea Cow! I have the Black Pearl and it is my 2nd favorite set of all that I own (2nd only to UCS R2-D2), I'm DYING to buy the Imperial Flagship (but it's way to pricey now and I missed it back when it was released), would also love to get the Queen Anne (again with the price...wish I'd gotten into this stuff earlier), I even now own the Pirate Ship Ambush LOTR set which I really wasn't enthused about as it looks a bit plain to me (I have not built it yet so I cannot comment on my final feelings about it)...all that to say I'm a big ship fan and I see this one being a hit too...maybe not to the extent of say the imperial, but very cool all the same and it looks like it'll be a large, intricate build and those are my favorite. Also, I believe you could probably leave some of the odder parts off or make replacements and it would be a semi-normal looking ship.

Those are my thoughts...I'm very new in the investing side...and it may not end up working for me since I'm totally addicted to LEGO myself, but I'm trying to get in and read up on the topic and greatly appreciate this site and everyone's input here!

Saw the movie today! It was really good. My wife and I can't get that song out of our heads now. LOL So i caved and bought nearly all the current sets from the Toys R Us sale. For once, it was an "actual" sale at Toys R Us! You actually saved more by buying from them today than getting VIP points at Lego. Looks like we're in for the whole line. Cuz......all of them are awesomeeeeeee!!!  :D

I think it was discussed in this thread earlier, but the Lego Movie "action cups" are now available at McDonald's with the happy meal. Or you can buy the cup itself for $2.01 (canadian, less in US). It's just a plastic cup with hologram design outside. There are 8 character cups to collect. I really wish they had actual Lego as the happy meal toy!

I loved the movie!  I honestly wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised!  I won't give any spoilers or anything, but prepare to have your expectations exceeded!  :D

I also have to believe that the movie will give all things Lego a giant boost.  You really leave the theater wanting to go home and start building!

Although I'm not buying the small sets that have been released, I'm really thinking there is potential here. The movie seems to be a hit. Nobody that buys these is going to keep them sealed....all kids are opening them to play with. The only people that will have them after their short run will be investors. I don't think the production will be long. Just wondering if they will be discounted, or go OSS at mspr and that's it.

If I was a father who only bought my son a set or two I'd think the movie is good. Given how I was brought up on Lego 36 years ago and have built things since day 1 with my son, the story of the movie relates so well....I would see this again without thinking twice....absolutely fantastic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker mobile app

Just saw the movie with my 6 year olds.

Was cute, I can see a lot of adult lego builder's wives/friends giving them crap. 

One of my kids loved it the other was bored.

Stock of swamp creature, lord vampire, ghosts, and select minifigs from the movie could go up.

Wild west theme in the movie was cool; the saloon looked straight out of red dead redemption; piano and stairway was in exactly the same place.

Curious if any of that theme was actually from a prior set; it's a shame for all of us that they didn't use any lone ranger sets :(

I've warmed up to these sets after reading the movie guide and sticker book with my nephew. Going to watch it in the next couple days, but already know the whole thing makes perfect sense.

I've bought the ice cream van and the complete minifig series for myself, and I'm definitely getting Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

As for the others, does anyone think getting them *now* for self is a must to be on te safe side, or will they likely be around for the rest of the year? They aren't must haves for me and I am not a completist (can't afford to be), but if there's a chance some of these will be gone for good in the next couple months, I would definitely consider buying at least a couple more that I am starting to like...

My son and I watched the movie today; every theater has been sold out and seats are being assigned.  If I was a dad who only gave my son a set or two, I don't think the movie would have much meaning to me.  But, my father started me with Lego when I was born; still have the first set from 1978, actually, and have been building ever since, getting my own son involved.  I think the movie was so incredibly well thought out and the storyline is fantastic.  I may have enjoyed it more than the other kids in the theater, actually.  I bought most of the sets already from the movie, thinking of keeping them...yeah, that lasted about three hours as we're building all of them right now.

The crazy thing is the lego movie took its good old sweet time to properly advertise all of these sets. Forthose who haven't seen the movie, certain sets were limited in screen ttime but there is about 3 minutes where they display each set they are selling which was I think perfectly executed subliminal advertisement.