The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

The only way this movie bombs is if the critics go in and screw it all up with their usual form of expecting the film to be anything than what it is supposed to be; a fun family film that is just as quirky as the sets based from it. I can scarcely somewhat see the similarity to Time Cruisers but come on, the designs here aren't anywhere near that bad. At least this time whoever was 'getting high' when designing The Lego Movie sets reached the 'right' level of....highness. :drag:

Of course not every single set from The Lego Movie can fully appreciate but at the very least their parts and unique minifigures can. Aside from Emmet and Wyldstyle, there is a whole slew of special characters just as unique as any from the Collectable Minifigures line as a whole. I will say closest to a sure thing would be Benny's Spaceship as there is way too many fans of Classic Space to simply ignore that one.

Anyway, I have been picking up these sets starting with the smallest. I figure the smaller offerings will get sold out easily soon as the movie premieres in a couple weeks and I do not want to go through a repeat of first wave Ninjago by missing out on a few sets.

• Like 2

Unless the movie is insanely popular i wont be investing in these. Remember you invest in sets that ADULTS want to buy, not kids. Kids dont have $500 to drop on a rare retired lego set, adults with disposable income dont think twice about spending $500-1000 on sets like Market street or even more for the UCS millennium falcon. So unless it becomes obvious that this movie is going to be a cult classic amount AFOLs i wouldnt touch these sets for investment.

Kids grow up :P

I think the lego movie sets are a good reminder to lego fans to simply play with their lego sets in the most creative, haphazard and fun way like what most kids would do. I would not bother to invest in these movie sets as my kids can do just as well when they mix and match all the lego pieces they can lay their hands on.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

Let's see how good the movie is and if kids/AFOLs are still talking about it for a long while after.  If the movies bombs, so will the sets.  If the movie smashes all box office records, get your credit cards ready!  My gut feeling is that the Metalbeard set will do well but, only if the movie does.

Let's see how good the movie is and if kids/AFOLs are still talking about it for a long while after. If the movies bombs, so will the sets. If the movie smashes all box office records, get your credit cards ready! My gut feeling is that the Metalbeard set will do well but, only if the movie does.

I would be shocked if the movie bombs, simply because it's the first lego movie ever made, it's aimed at kids so who cares what the critics think of it, and a lot of parents will take their kids because they will want to see it. Long term investing potential with this theme I just don't see, but if the buzz is still strong come holiday time, then quick flipping is where the money will be at with these sets. It should be interesting to watch play out, that is for sure.

On a side note....I have a seven year old boy and a six year old girl. They both know the exact date the movie gets released and have been "reminding" my wife and I every chance they get. Guess where we will be on February 7th!? I have a bunch of the CMF that I got with my bat caves from TRU that I will surprise them with after the movie. Once we see it, I am sure we will be getting a set or two for their collection as well.

Let's see how good the movie is and if kids/AFOLs are still talking about it for a long while after.  If the movies bombs, so will the sets.  If the movie smashes all box office records, get your credit cards ready!  My gut feeling is that the Metalbeard set will do well but, only if the movie does.

My first thought when the first trailers came out was:  What is this movie about?  

My feelings for this Lego Movie are mixed at best.  I hope that it does well though...

In comparison, the Lego movies for Star Wars and Batman are cool... You can relate to them.

Must....buy...immediately!!!!!!!!!  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

A substantially-sized tribute to Classic Space is long over due. This and the Rover (though not exactly in quite the same category) have really set the year off to a good start. There is no question, I`ll be picking up several of these if possible as well as TLM spaceships. Thanks for sharing, you`ve officially made my evening nostalgic and exciting!  :thumbsup:

Just got back from the B&****** event.  They got to build whatever they wanted out of white bricks and take it home in a small ziploc bag.  Also a poster and activity pages.  They drew for two lego sets, we didn't win.  Glad they did this.  We got the bags at the Lego shop last night and bought the Cloud Cuckoo set...marketing at its finest!

A few 'real' behind the scenes clips are flooding in over at The Brick Fan starting with the voice acting sessions.

Chris Pratt - Emmet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y84-_mc1V0

Elizabeth Banks - Wyldstyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyQjL9n3P8w

Will Arnett - Batman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbaPfj2ZAi8

Nick Offerman - MetalBeard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfNYoKOYQP0

Liam Neeson - Good/Bad Cop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ylCbJ562Ic

Will Ferrell - President/Lord Business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1maYJjfU8

• Like 1

A few things today. First we have a clip from The Lego Movie.

Now an official trailer for The Lego Movie videogame.

A link to a quite a few scenes from The Lego Movie here.

And some news about one of the rare character polybags. It appears the Radio DJ Robot will be a Walmart pre-order exclusive with the PS3 or XBox360 versions of the game. Nothing additional as to whether it will also be available with the PS4 or XBox One versions though at this time.

11857182423_6a2e15fe03_o.jpg

• Like 1