The Lego Movie

Darth Lego

The Lego Movie  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen The Lego Movie?

• 6 - 9
    • 10+
    • Never
  2. 2. What is your favorite set?

• 70800 Getaway Glider
    • 70801 Melting Room
    • 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
    • 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
    • 70804 Ice Cream Machine
    • 70805 Trash Chomper
    • 70806 Castle Cavalry
    • 70807 Metalbeard's Duel
    • 70808 Super Cycle Chase
    • 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
    • 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow
    • 70811 The Flying Flusher
    • 70812 Creative Ambush
    • 70813 Rescue Reinforcements
    • 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
    • 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
    • 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
    • 70817 Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack
    • 70818 Double-Decker Couch
    • 70819 Bad Cop Car Chase

Wow - I was in the Lego store today and they had all of the new sets, but I didn't see that one. I did notice that the price per piece count on all of the sets was pretty good. The 873 piece or whatever set was $69.99. So $249 is probably a good guess, but who knows, maybe they will surprise with $199? 

They are certainly going all out on these sets, I hope the movie is a hit!

The double decker couch....bottom left corner.....freaking awesome

....the ship is pretty cool too...

Thanks for pointing that out. I was wondering if they were ever going to make that. I saw it in the movie trailers and thought it would be cool to see it actually be in a Lego set.

• Like 1

Oh. My. Goodness!!!!!!!!! That is flat out incredible looking!!! Going to guess MSRP will be $300 CAN ($250 US as nolanfan mentioned looks about right) or so (I`m hoping no more then that). Just amazing looking.  The whole thing screams Steampunk (I have a soft spot for all things Lego/Victorian)!!!  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

Does anyone think that we have over hyped this movie? I want this to be a total hit but I'm not so sure this will be the case. *fingers crossed*

I'm hoping it does good too. The trailers are pretty funny, my kids are loving the clips and the sets very much. This movie could have the same popularity of shrek and despicable me movies which would be awesome! I'm stocking up on these sets now, if it takes off... these could be hard to find for awhile. I figure I have less than a month to buy as many as possible.

I think the lego movie line will be bigger and far better than chima, ninjago and dare I say... Monsters line... With the amount of sets, the sea cow (2700+ pcs) , lego is putting more money into this line than others. Lego also seems to know how to lure buyers with these cool boxes.. The dark blue and red makes you want to buy them. I'm sold :) I prefer to collect these sets way more than the new chima ninjago.

Does anyone think that we have over hyped this movie? I want this to be a total hit but I'm not so sure this will be the case. *fingers crossed*

Perhaps, but everything I have seen in the trailers is absolutely drenched with pure grade awesomeness. Lego hired a real crew to write up a story and an outstanding cast to lend their voices. If The Lego Movie looked anything like the Ninjago or especially Legends of Chima TV series then I would be leary as to how well it all would turn out. Thankfully that is no where near the case here. Besides The Watchmen, I can't remember the last time I was this amped up for a film coming to theaters in a long while.